Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I think this was a deal...do you all?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I bought these on e-bay today "Buy It Now" for 50.00 because I am noticeably lacking menus in my collection. I am by far no authority on tiki collectibles (I know what I like) but they all seem clean and 1960's. Good deal? Okay deal? Absolute rip-off? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1437&item=2164258224&rd=1

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-03-10 11:03 ]

Only $6.25 each before shipping. Pretty good for the lot. The question should be BK, are you happy with the purchase? Remember, YOU are the one that will own them. Even if you paid $200 for them, as long as you feel you paid what you felt comfortable with, then that's all that matters.

Very cool menus either way. It should be fun comparing prices for similar offered items between each of the restaurants.

I'll have the Mahi-Mahi.

HungryCaddyDaddy

K

I saw that lot on Ebay last night. It's a GREAT deal. But what do I know!?

Kentiki

you kicked ass and took names!, good job.(wish i had seen 'em)

L
Luki posted on Mon, Mar 10, 2003 11:14 PM

(don't come across as jealous...try to control yourself)

Wow...heh heh...yeah, um, I guess that's an ok deal...ahem...um, yeah, eBay...hah...neat stuff. Heh heh.

Seriously...those look really nice. As was said, it's all about whether or not you feel like you got a good deal...it seems good to me considering they look like they're in good condition and that SOME menus (which shall remain nameless right now) just went for over $160 on that thar eBay a few days ago.

Nice score!!

A6

W

A Centralite using a coy "Was this a good deal?" approach to his bragging instead of the standard "HA HA SUCKUHS-! Look what I got!"? Very subtle. This was a good score, an instant Tiki menu collection in one buy. By getting them all at once you probably spared yourself many butt numbing eBay hunting hours, and that alone has to be worth something.

No, really Woof...I (in actual reality) know very little about menus. I get a fair amount of mugs, matchbooks, swizzles, doo-dads, etc. but menus seem much harder to come by in general. I do like to play show and tell but I sometimes just fish for approval from anyone who knows more than me (which is not a hard calling :) )

Pages: 1 6 replies