Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Hello from SE TN!!! & Help needed...

Pages: 1 2 replies

R

I posted the below post this past Friday and only had one couple respond.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=29395&forum=15&5

Don't mean to be asking too much, but as you can see by my previous post, I have a friend that is going to carve me a large tiki from a dead s.palmetto trunk which should end up being about 6' tall. I love this site, but it sure is hard sifting through the threads and looking at all of your creations. I am trying to locate a unique design for my friend to go by. Is there a thread where all of you simply post pictures of your tikis and do not have conversations about them. Like a thread of just pics and not words? I have learned alot from your threads, but it is just too hard to go through looking at all the great tikis. If there is not a thread like this, could one be started for all the new folks on this forum and other visitors as well. Like I said, I do enjoy the conversations among members as I belong to several other forums as well, mainly pertaining to hardy palms and bananas, but if someone is looking for a specific tiki statue, it is extremely hard to sift through all the threads.
Thank you ahead of time for checking this out and look forward to learning so much more about the tiki culture...

On 2008-08-10 08:28, Randy4ut wrote:

Don't mean to be asking too much, but as you can see by my previous post, I have a friend that is going to carve me a large tiki from a dead s.palmetto trunk which should end up being about 6' tall. I love this site, but it sure is hard sifting through the threads and looking at all of your creations. I am trying to locate a unique design for my friend to go by. Is there a thread where all of you simply post pictures of your tikis and do not have conversations about them. Like a thread of just pics and not words? I have learned alot from your threads, but it is just too hard to go through looking at all the great tikis. If there is not a thread like this, could one be started for all the new folks on this forum and other visitors as well. Like I said, I do enjoy the conversations among members as I belong to several other forums as well, mainly pertaining to hardy palms and bananas, but if someone is looking for a specific tiki statue, it is extremely hard to sift through all the threads.
Thank you ahead of time for checking this out and look forward to learning so much more about the tiki culture...

"I don't Like to read much. It hurts my brain"

There is a search feature here at TC. look up ^ over there to the right^ and click the word search. Just type in the word "tiki" and you should find the "picture thread with out words that you seek.

Or just buy "The Book of Tiki" Don't let the title scare you, although it is a book it's full of pictures.:)

On 2008-08-10 11:24, AlienTiki wrote:

On 2008-08-10 08:28, Randy4ut wrote:

"I don't Like to read much. It hurts my brain"

There is a search feature here at TC. look up ^ over there to the right^ and click the word search. Just type in the word "tiki" and you should find the "picture thread with out words that you seek.

Or just buy "The Book of Tiki" Don't let the title scare you, although it is a book it's full of pictures.:)

Thanks, AlienTiki... I will give it a go. I appreciate your help...

Pages: 1 2 replies