Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Well's Beach, Maine Tiki Finds

Pages: 1 11 replies

HI, just got back from holiday in Wells Beach, wonderful beaches, and great sea food. Happened to go into the Bo-Mar Hall Antiques shop, and found a table full of Tiki mugs, all priced at $4.00 with 30% off! They had some Tiki candle holders also, carved ones, from Hawaii. I bought some mugs and a few other things, but if anyone is in the area on holiday, check it out, lots of retro stuff there too. Not too pricey either! Had a great time myself.

T

Thank you for this post, but it honestly makes me want to cry! We spent the entire weekend up in Searsport / Ellsworth, Maine area (about 2 hours up from Wells Beach) hunting for tiki mugs and didn't come up with a single one. We were driving right past Wells Beach at the time you were posting this message! Approx how many tiki mugs would you say are still there on display? We may drive back up (2 hours each way!) if it's an extensive selection. Thanks for the tip!

Hi, wow, I hope you can get there! I'm home now and kicking myself for only buying 4!! There must have been about 12 left, mugs, a few Hawaiian carvings, and two of the mugs were coffee mugs, which I haven't seen often. They put them as "vases" on my bill, they don't know what they really are obviously. I'll take some pics of the ones I bought and post later. I also bought some nice gold trimmed 1950s style retro cocktail glasses in the same place, stuff is pretty cheap! It's worth while checking the place out. At Noel's just down the road, they have a good selection of reasonably priced Carnival glass which I also collect...Happy hunting!

T

Thanks for the tease... I missed going to Bomar Hall this visit to Maine, now I'm sad :0( can't wait to see the pictures.

Tikisgrl

almost forgot! Also at the other place, called Noels, they had several rope covered colored glass balls, which I also should have bought, although I already have several. Got so much stuff hanging from the ceiling! Anyhow, happy hunting!

yous are makin' me want to go on a road trip!

thanks for the tip!
I normally stay far away from the beaches during the summer.

T

Pictures soon?

Tikisgrl

pics coming right up as soon as I find my camera and some new batteries!

pics in another thread on this topic, also put some pics of my small collection

T

I finally made it to Wells Beach today and cleaned out the rest of the Bo-Mar tiki collection! I picked up a nice early 70s mug, 4 coffee mugs that are recent and mass produced but still fun, a carving, and a candle holder. In total I spent $10 - what a treat! Thank you for the tip!

T

That sort of explains why I couldn't find anything but salt & pepper shakers left. Damn always a day late :0(. Pictures soon of my Maine finds...

Tikisgrl

Pages: 1 11 replies