Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

4pm shuttle to Bali Hai is CONFIRMED- if you committed to this, please pay ....now

Pages: 1 12 replies

PLEASE SEE MY LAST THREAD AND IGNORE THE FOLLOWING-

Hey peoples - Marc and Darlynne, the nice couple from "Where you want to be Tours" have kindly offered to arrange an earlier shuttle to take those of us who want to get to Shelter Island by or before 5pm. The bus would leave the hotel at 3:50pm, giving those of us who want to walk to Trader Mort's, arrive by your Bali Hai registration time, or check out the Island or the Bali Hai itself before dinner could now do so.

NOTE: You would need to be in the lobby by 3:30pm to check in, alleviating lobby pressure from those looking to catch the 4:30 ride.

THE "CATCH"- They need to have at least 14 CONFIRMED who would also PROMISE to pre-purchase their tickets on-line Wednesday the 13th by 4pm...

It's quite a fair "catch" on their part and a very nice thing for them to offer for those of us who want an earlier adventure on Shelter Island. Please respond to this post ASAP if you are interested. As soon as we've crossed the 14 person plateau, I will inform them, at which time it will be a green light to go ahead and pre-purchase tickets. I will keep a very close eye on this thread in the meantime. Please do not purchase now for this is at present time a potential earlier trip until we have at least a head count of 14. Also, please forward this message to anyone you know who definitely wants to get there early as well.

Ok, me & the Mrs. Tiki Joe's Pop are in...12 to go!

Thanks for your time everyone - the clock is ticking.....

Cheers!

Tiki Joe's Pop

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2008-08-13 15:02 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe's Pop 2008-08-13 16:27 ]

Hi
Yes we are in along with Squid and his girlfriend, so that is a total of 4, the only thing is we fly tomorrow and won't arrive to late on Wednesday night to LA, so will try and get a hold of Squid to see if he can keep his eye on this and book the tickets as and when. We have our reservation booked for 4.30 p.m; at the Bali Hai.
Thanks.
Sue and Dave.
England.

K

Molten Magma Mark E. and I will catch the earlier shuttle cuz we have reservations at 5:45. That's two more for the earlier shuttle.

OK - we're more than half way there with about 24 hours to go. (Why do I suddenly feel like Jerry Lewis?) Don't make me sing "You'll never walk alone" tomorrow afternoon - phone in that pledge, er, um, COMMIT to the earlier shuttle for an earlier Shelter Island experience. Don't put it off, folks....tick, tick, tick....

Cheers!
Tiki Joe's Pop

ps Besides, you wouldn't want to disappoint those nice people flying half-way around the earth, now would you? ( and don't make me guilt you with the poteniality of Squid's feelings being hurt as well...)

TWO

I would like to ride the early shuttle but once I leave home Wed. morning I will have no internet access.
Can I book online now?

Tai Won On- (cool name!) - Unfortunately, the shuttle organizers need to have a confirmed 14 people before you can purchase tickets, so keep checking back through the night. Hopefully we'll get the other FIVE and ONLY FIVE MORE people tonight, soon or NOW who will commit to the earlier trip. Tiki People, it's time to beat the clock! Jump on the bus! C'mon get Rummy!

Cheers!

Tiki Joe's Pop

Did you get 'em yet? How's your singing voice?

On 2008-08-12 23:56, Haole'akamai wrote:
Did you get 'em yet? How's your singing voice?

(ahem)
"ME ME ME ME MEeeeeee..."
(ahem)
(dramatic pause)

"....It's now or never..."

We're coming down to the wire here, peoples. With about 7 hours to go we only need FIVE more riders to make the early bus to the Bali Hai a reality. Please see the first post of this thread for all the details.

Cheers!

Tiki Joe's Pop

TWO

Well, I am heading to the airport now and will not have access to the internet.
So I guess I'm out. Hope the cab isn't too much of a rip off.
See you all at the Bali Hai.

Rickshaw anyone?

It's not looking too good, so should this early bus idea putter out, perhaps those of us who want to leave early could share taxis?

I'll keep watching in case the Harlem Globetrotters suddenly sign up...

fingers crossed! (defeated sigh)

Cheers!

Tiki Joe's Pop

S
squid posted on Wed, Aug 13, 2008 1:22 PM

bump.....

(CHEERS for the bump, Squid)

OH, THE DRAMA....I just got a lovely email from Marc, the Chief Shuttler, and he informed me that a 4:00pm shuttle HAS BEEN BOOKED for tomorrow. (yeah for small victories!) In his own words:

"We have a shuttle that will take your group...we have already made a reservation with a company we work with all the time.

So as long as you have at least 5 people .... Cost will be be the $16 roundtrip. We do need you to buy the tix at
http://www.sandiegoperforms.com/ARTSTIX/onsale_today.html "

That's about as green as a green light gets. THOSE OF YOU WHO PROMISED TO PURCHASE TICKETS, PLEASE DO SO NOW. After you've got your tix, please email them and let them know you'll be on the 4pm bus. I'm gonna go get mine right about now.

...and for those of you who are waiting breathlessly...

(dramatic pause)

" You'll Ne-ver Walk A-LONE..."

(strides behind curtain as spotlight fades....)

S
squid posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 1:21 AM

Bought!

Dave and Sue Tikiwagon! I have paid yours.

Pages: 1 12 replies