Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Recognize this mug?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Anyone recognize the smoking mug in the front? Found on the internet, it's supposed to be from the Cafeteria Zumeria Hawaiki in Valencia Spain. I like the separate chamber for dry ice, is that a common feature on tiki mugs or is it something unique? Seems like I remember one of VanTiki's mugs having a dry ice chamber but I can't find it right now.

S

I'd say yes, it is Spanish.

The Kahiki served a drink with the dry ice effect, but I am not sure how they held the ice. I don't think it was a special mug for that. Warm water gives the best fog, so I am not sure if there is any way to account for that.

I actually have that mug. I bought it from Sven a few years back and it cam from Spain. I am sure Sven /bigbro can tell you more.

I have one too. Also courtesy of Sven. Yours may be an older variant. I love mugs with dry ice chambers. They are nice and snuggly.

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=997

Thanks for the quick and accurate responses. Just to clarify, I found the picture on the internet - I didn't find and buy the mug on the internet :)

Just thought dry ice pocket would be a cool concept to add to my portfolio of "Mugs I'd Like to Make Someday"

Here's where you can buy them direct: http://www.porcelanaspavon.com/vasijas_tiki1.htm

The combined knowledge base of this board never ceases to amaze me - I post an obscure mug from half a world away and in a short time I get reply from several people who know of the mug, know where to get the mug, or already own it!

On 2008-08-12 17:14, MadDogMike wrote:
The combined knowledge base of this board never ceases to amaze me - I post an obscure mug from half a world away and in a short time I get reply from several people who know of the mug, know where to get the mug, or already own it!

Yeah that's how we roll around here. Thanks for the post cause we are always trying to find new/old stuff that we haven't seen before!! especially if it is cool.

Pages: 1 8 replies