Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Meaning of Tiki Statue

Pages: 1 13 replies

I bought a cute little tiki man from Big Lots, and I was wondering if anyone was firmiliar with the different meanings of the tiki statue and could maybe tell me what I have here. If so email me at [email protected] and I will send a picture, Thankyou :)

TT

If you bought it from BigLots the traditional meaning is probably "youwouldeatyourownshitifitwasmarketedwellenough"..

Yummy with a spoon!

K
Kahu posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 7:17 AM

And I wonder what people mean by TC has become a unfriendly site?

Treating a newbie like shit, does nothing to educate what is good tiki vs. kitschy tiki.

Is this how people show Aloha spirit?

TT

comment directed at BigLots

K
Kahu posted on Thu, Aug 14, 2008 9:44 AM

On 2008-08-14 08:01, Tiki Trav wrote:

I understand that Trav, but, some might make take what is a comment on Biglots as a comment on them for buying a tiki at biglots.

I am NOT trying to stir things up, I do care about TC and want it to be a good place for people to come and learn and be educated about tiki.

Ok, jumping of the soap box now.

R

That's funny Trav! :lol:

I didn't even think it was mean spirited until ya mentioned it Kahu...
Really? Are people that uptight?
Doubtful, or tons of people would've jumped on the bandwagon sayin otherwise.

Remember kids...it's the internet... Relax...Breath...

-_-;

So... by using the phrase "you bought it from BigLots" in response to MamaHerring's post, you meant to say "BigLots bought it from BigLots?"
And by "eat your own shit," you meant that Big Lots would eat its own shit if it marketed it well enough? Because, grammatically and logically speaking, that's a pretty absurd reading of your comment.

I think your post above would more accurately read: was rightly called out for being an ass so have to come up with unbelievable backpedaling explanation of my comment without apologizing

We all know that BigLots is not a source for high-quality tiki wares. But it's a good source for starter material, which might just set a future tiki luminary on the path to poly-pop enlightenment. Isaac Newton didn't emerge from the womb taking integrals; he had to learn how to add 2 and 2 first. Would you have accused the toddler Newton of stupidity because his early mathematical knowledge was unsophisticated?

MamaHerring, welcome to Tikicentral! Sorry you had stepped into the age old battle here with your first post. I hope it will not discourage further investigation into this site, Oceanic art, and the subculture present here.

M

You know, lots of people have to have a starting point, or might just find something amusing/cheap/kitschy, etc. from all over the place, and I remember seeing someone post about things found at Big Lots and Walgreen's. I think if it appeals to you, and you want it and can afford it, buy it, no matter where it's from. Everything doesn't have to be a collectible, vintage, expensive, etc. You can mix everything!! Enjoy!!

Really, if it was marketed well enough, it would have never made it to Big Lots. Isn't that the place where products/knock offs that can't get sold go?

T

hanford_lemoore Posted: 2004-10-20 6:22 pm

The rules are simple:

No jokes with new users, and no complaints from old ones

Reason Bong got banned

Hey, please don't take it personally. Trav is a very jocular guy and he meant it all in fun. His nickname for ME is "Cunty". Sarcasm from down-under, man. Freakin' Trav. See you all tonight at the Bali Hai!!!

If I wasn't so poor, I would have to agree that Biglots can eat it's own peanuts and corn, but it beats the hell out of GTM. That place SUCKS!

TT

On 2008-08-14 10:27, BrickHorn wrote:

So... by using the phrase "you bought it from BigLots" in response to MamaHerring's post, you meant to say "BigLots bought it from BigLots?"
And by "eat your own shit," you meant that Big Lots would eat its own shit if it marketed it well enough? Because, grammatically and logically speaking, that's a pretty absurd reading of your comment.

I think your post above would more accurately read: was rightly called out for being an ass so have to come up with unbelievable backpedaling explanation of my comment without apologizing

We all know that BigLots is not a source for high-quality tiki wares. But it's a good source for starter material, which might just set a future tiki luminary on the path to poly-pop enlightenment. Isaac Newton didn't emerge from the womb taking integrals; he had to learn how to add 2 and 2 first. Would you have accused the toddler Newton of stupidity because his early mathematical knowledge was unsophisticated?

Thanks for the History/Grammar/Morals lesson, your post was so confusing and exhausting I just had to take a nap, but now that I have awoken from my slumber I finally realise what you are going on about, seems that with some very crafty spacing on your part in an otherwise jumbled and random string of letters you have made vulgar terms such as "eat your own shit?" you are truly disgusting and filthy minded... you should be ashamed of yourself.

[ Edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-08-14 16:22 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies