Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NYCTiki/ Otto's /Fisherman/ Mondays

Pages: 1 4 replies

MC

Last night was another fun night with the crew at Otto's Shrunken Head. If you still haven't seen Fisherman play on Mon. nites, you are missing out on a great time! They have a fabulous new hula-istic dancer too.

Steve shared his great souvenoirs from Mai Kai--a brand spankin' new+laminated drink menu and a gorgeous mug and shot glasses. It got me real excited for Hukilau, and I dropped off some posters to spread the word for the event.

Nell was queen of the bar mixing some superb drinks. My friends who were first-timers to Otto's loved the tiki concoctions and the live music. A new tikiphile mate (who will go nameless) had such an enjoyable time that he mistakedly (drunkedly) took the Fisherman's email notebook home with him. Brian, you're probably looking for that--we'll get it back to you safe and sound.

It's cold outside, but go to Otto's for a warm time!

PS--Steve, how did the the Miss Reinhold contest go? Did Natasha bring home the crown for Otto's?

T

Unfortunately we lost. The girl from Lit won. Which also happened to be where the after party was...HMMMM. methinks the fix wuz in...
I'll tell Brian your friend has his e-mail list. Thanks again for all the wonderful support you guys have given myself and Fisherman.
steve/OTTO's

Looking at the poster, I guessed that the very typically-sexy Lit girl would win! (but she wasn't my fave, of course). But, the most important question is--can she mix a good tiki drink? or is there something more special about uncapping beers?

T

she had the "open mouth" pose which is always the crowd pleaser.
steve

On 2003-03-11 09:07, manic cat wrote:
A new tikiphile mate (who will go nameless) had such an enjoyable time that he mistakedly (drunkedly) took the Fisherman's email notebook home with him. Brian, you're probably looking for that--we'll get it back to you safe and sound.

Yep it's true, I have the book! It's safe, and I'll return it ASAP. I'm new to Tiki, and the drinks are having a strange and powerful effect on me...

Pages: 1 4 replies