Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Tiki Yokohama/Shinjuku Mug Price?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Has anyone ever seen a Tiki Tiki mug sell on Ebay - you know, the big brown one with the boobs and the cold paint eyes and nose?How much did it go for?

I need some dough and am considering selling one of my 2 Tiki Tiki mugs - but only if the price is right.

M

Know the mug, have not seen one auctioned on Ebay.

Sell it.

midnite

A

Tikifish,
I'd love to get a Tiki Tiki mug - you might remember, I posted about visiting both locations too. But my microscopic charm power failed to convince anyone at the restaurant to let us buy a mug (and of course filching is kapu). So uh, what price would be "right"? You can let me know offlist if you want.

-Randy

T

Actually, it was my brother's charm (and mastery of japanese) that worked on our female waitress. And some cash. DOn't forget the cash.

I really hate to sell it, and I am still thinking about it. My brother visits from Tokyo in April so maybe if he brings me another one I will feel better about selling. I have no idea about the price, really - I was thinking of putting it on EBay with a high reserve and seeing what happens. If I don't get 200 bucks for it I don't think I will sell. And I don't know if I can get that. But after seeing Sven's $780 video, I belelive ANTYHING is possible!

I'm torn, really.

$200 seems a little high for a mug that's still available, but I guess it's cheaper than the airfare. I've just got a few Spanish mugs, which I don't want to sell, but for $200 I'll personally nip over to Barcelona and get one for the buyer! Give me expenses for the weekend and I'll ship you out as many as you require!

Trader Woody

A

Actually, I can understand Tikifish having a high threshold like that, or having doubts about selling it at all. TF, I forget how Tiki Tiki figured into your wedding celebration, but it seemed like there was a connection. If I were in your glass slippers, I'd probably not even consider liquidating any keepsake related to a special occasion like that.

Anyway, I sure can't match that threshold, so if you decide to sell it, may you find your own danlovestiki or edgeoftexas or other uber-bidder.

-Randy

Pages: 1 5 replies