Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New Line Of Syrups

Pages: 1 2 replies

At the Tiki Oasis 2006 Beachbum Berry cocktail seminar there was a former bartender from the old Hanalei Hotel days that was coming out with a line of good quality mixers.....lost the info. Can anyone help?

bongofury, I know that you are speaking of the Premeir Essence. Let me say that the guy of which you speak, Bob Esmino, is one of the neatest, energetic men. But, that said, these syrups are HORRIBLE. I have no idea why Jeff Berry found the orgeat even passable. (Bob must have compromising pictures of Jeff...just kidding) In fact, it is worse than the current Trader Vic's. Try going through the older posts and see that there are select companies which have the best versions of each common syrup: Finest Call-Passion Fruit Syrup (for a cheaper one), Aunty Lilikoi's Passion Fruit (more expensive, but the best), Teisseire Orgeat (decent, but homemade best), etc.. The PE Syrups are largely a bunch of chemicals with "natural flavors"...

[ Edited by: bewarethe151 2008-08-16 15:19 ]

G

On 2008-08-15 19:12, bewarethe151 wrote:
But, that said, these syrups are HORRIBLE.

As I've said once before, I concur. I think I still have a bottle of the orgeat in the dark recesses of my bar somewhere, but it's not going to get opened any time soon. This was a major disappointment back when I ordered these.

Pages: 1 2 replies