Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

need help identifying this mug!!!

Pages: 1 4 replies

okay- here's a new one i've never seen......picked this up at the flea market this morning..it has tiki faces on it like the old trader vic green/gold glasses and some small black numbers stamped on the bottom like serial numbers.....also has three feet/four sides.

i was suprised to find this considering 2 other tiki central members got there earlier than me and started cleanin' house on the tiki stuff...glad they missed this one.......now, who can tell me where it's from?? -thanks!!

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-08-17 10:37 ]

I've seen that before, only it was glass. I'll have to dig through my photos to see if I can find it....

Is the one you found glazed ceramic? or painted glass? tell us more about it.....

thanks- it's glazed ceramic..white on the inside and brown outside..kinda has a feel between that of fine sand and treasure craft items.....though it's not treasure craft but probably a japan made mug like quon quon....

On 2008-08-17 10:42, Chip and Andy wrote:
I've seen that before, only it was glass. I'll have to dig through my photos to see if I can find it....

Is the one you found glazed ceramic? or painted glass? tell us more about it.....

I think the one you're thinking of is the Trader Vic's Voodoo Grog Glass. It's a green glass and has the same faces on it, but in gold. There are pictures on Ooga Mooga. I have a suspicion the Trader Vic's glass might have been based on this one, though. Nice score. I hope somebody has more information.

bump

Pages: 1 4 replies