Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

WITCO for sale

Pages: 1 23 replies

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:20 ]

Can't wait to see what else you put up for sale! Those chairs are sweet, sadly, no room to put them in Chattarunga!

PTD

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-09-21 09:38 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-11-19 16:28 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:17 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:21 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:21 ]

I don't know if everyone remembers the last debacle, when Tiki David put a lamp up and made a comment like "Ya if any body wants this, make me a offer, oh yawn" and then it suddenly becomes a "Must Have Collectible" and the price goes into the hundreds?
Well like a sucker, I PM him on the Witco map, I asked him what does he want for the Witco map and I referenced the lamp and said that I was WAY off on that price,
I said a "Make me an offer I can't refuse" to me was around $100.00 and I did not need it delivered as my cousin lives near him.
Here is his reply:
TIKI DAVID
are you kidding? 100.00? have you NOT been paying attention or are you just being a smart ass? or do you just think i'm stupid?

I went to ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASSIVE-1960s-WITCO-STEEL-WOOD-SAILING-SHIP-WALL-ART_W0QQitemZ120305576771QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120305576771&_trkparms=72%3A1205|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ebayphotohosting
It is up for $99.00 and has 8 hours left.
So I figure I'm in the ballpark.

Instead of telling what he expects to get for it, or what HE thinks it worth, the guy insults me and calls names?!?!

I am tired of this guy's weird-ass trippy games. List a FRICKEN price if ya want to sell something and quit screwing around.
I was not kidding, I'm paying attention and hell yea I'm a smart ass, so I realize *** I'm stupid *** for trying to deal with you.
See ya!

T

Koolkids doing bizness!

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:22 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:22 ]

On 2008-09-21 08:50, TIKI DAVID wrote:
and you think ...I'M stupid?

I never said your stupid, you just like to play games and I am moving to a different sand box.

And BTW, you, Cleveland, me, Malibu, go figure.
This morning;

T

Ouch...class warfare!

koolkids™

i love that word :D

p.s. edited to add trademark

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar 2008-09-22 06:32 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:24 ]

David,

What are the dimensions of you framed outrigger piece?

Thanks,

PTD

On 2008-09-22 08:27, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
David,

Thanks,

PTD

5FTX30"
BTW, i have 3 othe outrigger canoes with "issues" in various stages of restoation.same dimentions. pics when they are finished.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-09-22 08:57 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:18 ]

On 2008-09-22 08:53, TIKI DAVID wrote:

On 2008-09-22 08:27, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
David,

Thanks,

PTD

5FTX30"
BTW, i have 3 othe outrigger canoes with "issues" in various stages of restoation.same dimentions. pics when they are finished.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-09-22 08:57 ]

Thank you David!

PTD

I dig the chairs, too bad you are so far away!
Fair price too!
Keep posting those great pic's of your constantly growing witco collection!

T

On 2008-09-22 09:05, TIKI DAVID wrote:
but you may have to look for them on E-BAY because i think i am through with trying to offer anything up on this site.
just to many smart-ass, cry baby ,whiners. just looking for something/anything to knit pick.
E-BAY , ya want it ,bid on it, win it,pay for it ,pay the shipping.

You post stuff with no prices and ask people to make you offers. A guy PM's you an offer and you send a very rude response back to him, one that he posted here and that you don't deny. If you have a number in mind, then post it to begin with. Then you won't have to worry about lowball offers. And if you should get an offer that you consider too low, then politely refuse it or even educate the person politely on your opinion of the value of said piece. Calling people names only guarantees one thing, you can count that person out as a potential customer now and in the future.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:18 ]

On 2008-09-22 14:50, TikiTres wrote:

You post stuff with no prices and ask people to make you offers. A guy PM's you an offer and you send a very rude response back to him, one that he posted here and that you don't deny. If you have a number in mind, then post it to begin with. Then you won't have to worry about lowball offers. And if you should get an offer that you consider too low, then politely refuse it or even educate the person politely on your opinion of the value of said piece. Calling people names only guarantees one thing, you can count that person out as a potential customer now and in the future.

Thank you.
I have been on TC longer than the shouting guy. I don't know what a Witco Globe goes for and ESPECIALLY when it's offered the way he did,

"Oh yeah...yawn...got too many of these...um...anybody want it?

And what the hell does "Make me an offer I can't refuse?" and in what context is it offered?
It sounded to me like he was going to let it go cheap. So I PM him and say, I don't know it's value, TELL ME, because in MY economy it's worth $100. Instead he zips me back a rude email. Something is worth only as much as someone will pay for it and if someone wants to spend close to $900. plus a ton of shipping, great. But that's not the way it was presented. And I cannot/wouldn't spend that much.
Also he said he was driving south, he said it.
If you had something that expensive, and APPARENTLY that rare, wouldn't you present it with a little better marketing?
He did that with a light he had and like a dummy I got suckered again. He presented it in the same causal manner as if it had very little value, (Granted HE seems to know lots about this stuff but I don't) When I asked how much he ignored my PM and then posted a ebay ad showing that the lamp was a few hundred dollars. It went from a ho-hum to a big item right away. I don't get his game but that's Cleveland for you. Oh BTW the reference of Malibu to Cleveland was about weather, It was 85 and sunny here and he had rain and thunder storms, He called me stupid and I pointed out that I was where there was waves, sun and Babes! And he was...not.

Tiki Dave, (Online when you use all capitals it means your shouting) Go and enjoy life, sorry we pissed on your parade, hopefully you can feel our frustration and market your items in a more forthright way that puts your buyer at ease and makes us want to buy from you. I don't know ANYONE who responds favorably when we ask "How much?" and you say, "What do ya give me for it? I automatically assume that you are going to try to screw me, in 53 years, I am usually right.

This is the last I am going to post on this.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2008-12-14 05:19 ]

Question of the day...

Is TIKI DAVID really Dr. Evil? Holding the "World" ransom, eh?

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGklljRthIbB8BAD5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyNzlpNTB0BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0Y4MjRfODc-/SIG=1209js44g/EXP=1222219747/**http%3a//www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=jTmXHvGZiSY

I guess some may think so?

PTD?

[ Edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2008-09-22 18:33 ]

David,

Just curious, have you received any decent offers? Still admiring the world map!

PTD

Pages: 1 23 replies