Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Curious to see what you thing about this

Pages: 1 11 replies

P

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iHm_il0VpUD_F7REiip6c0WF36QAD92KCS580

Just wondering.
I have a definite opinion that is pro-native but wanted to see what others thought about this.

W

Well at least they didn't go about it half-cocked and uninformed.

Oh, wait, what's this...

*The leader of a Hawaiian pro-sovereignty group that broke into a historic palace once home to royalty said he planned to chain himself to the throne but couldn't find it because he had never been in the palace before...

The leader, 67-year-old James Kimo Akahi of Haiku, claims he is the rightful king of the islands. He told reporters Saturday that he had never been in the palace before Friday and didn't know where the throne was kept.*

Well at least they didn't, uhm...

But on a serious note...Isn't this kinda sorta politics?

P

If you don't know where the throne is when you're going to chain yourself to it and reclaim it, you're going to have a hard time governing and repelling the armed forces.

My opinion is that there is no way that the US is going to abdicate sovereignty ever.
Political methods of trying to achieve independence are futile.

But culturally, it is already happening slowly with the efforts of guys like the Cazimero Brothers and Makana and many others. That's a very condensed version of a complex issue but I was just curious, since my tiki jones is largely founded in Hawai'ian culture, what the people of TC would have to say about it.

I guess it is politics but it's Tiki Politics.

Vote for Poi !!!

T

From what i read, the guy has a pretty long police record. I also heard that had he actually found the throne, it is in such bad shape that he more than likely would have broken it.

Not every news article out of Hawaii is Tiki. Oh it's must be tiki by default because it's from Hawaii.

This is clearly political and in violation of rule #1. The Tiki central police are probably already monitoring your every move. Turn yourself in while you still have a chance.:lol:

P

I was thinking about chaining myself to the server.

W

Geez, Pablus, I was gonna vote fer Poi, but then Turbogod said "From what i read, the guy has a pretty long police record." Now who do I back...SPAM? SPAM seems so over processed and prepackaged. Poi has an authenticity that is completely unfamiliar to me but which I tell pollsters I identify with.

Wouldn't that be a helluva thing if they did secede?

I don't blame anyone for wanting their Sovereignty back. And depending on who you ask and where will depend on which theory you get as to why they lost it in the first place.

The one thing I haven't seen with any of the groups trying to reclaim Hawaiian Sovereignty is what are they going to do if they succeed. Wanting it is one thing, but doing something with it when you get it is another.

Didn't know where to put this so it goes here....

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/806839010.html

LT

The inspiration for this piece???

Pages: 1 11 replies