Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

"Anakena Beachcomber" Necklace SOLD

Pages: 1 6 replies

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 1:20 PM

I definitely wanted a "Tiki Modern" look with this guy, and he's also based on some of those cool whittled surfer/beachcomber necklaces from the 60s that I've seen on ebay. I like the concept of some dude camped out on a Rapa Nui beach for a couple of weeks, making his own souvenir out of found stones. All my other moai pieces have been much more classically influenced and quite stern looking, so I wanted this one to lighten up a little. Once he was done there was no question he needed the chunky stone necklace to hang from, even though it meant more hours of work.

$OLD, sorry. Gotta be quick! Lono coming soon!

:drink:,
P

[ Edited by: Paipo 2008-08-19 14:38 ]

T

I thought it was an Ebay auction

LT

On 2008-08-19 14:44, teaKEY wrote:
I thought it was an Ebay auction

It was - ended with BIN.

Wow! That's really cool lookin'. I'd rock the hell out of one of those.

P
Paipo posted on Tue, Aug 19, 2008 4:33 PM

It did have the ebay tag when I listed it and the auction was still live but lost the tag in the edit. Kind of irrelevant at that point anyway, seeing it was no longer available and I edited my post rather than bumping it.
I'm hoping to have another one of this style (but not a Moai...most likely Rarotongan) up in few days, as well as the Lono I'm working on now....I will give them a short stint here first before ebaying next time.
Cheers!

T

On 2008-08-19 16:33, Paipo wrote:
It did have the ebay tag when I listed it and the auction was still live but lost the tag in the edit.

For those (like me) that want to see what they missed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anakena-Beachcomber-Stone-Moai-Tiki-Pendant-by-Paipo_W0QQitemZ320288219374QQihZ011QQcategoryZ13765QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice piece!

V

Hey, I didn't know it was on Ebay. Damn, I missed it.

Pages: 1 6 replies