Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Chetart: The Monkey Decider + Sinister Simians

Pages: 1 1 replies

A while back Chetart made a slightly bumpy debut on Tiki Central with his tiki work.

To be honest, his tiki pieces didn't do much for me, but I checked out Chetart's other work and found he's a really talented illustrator with a great style and a surprising sense of humor.

His cats and dogs are bright and lively and capture the essence of the animals in a way that makes me think of all the great dogs and cats I've known.

Chetart's other animal illustrations are frequently laugh out loud funny such as the monkey cowboy in his piece Riding Herd or the sheep from the wrong side of the fence in Bad Seed.

If you are a fan of good illustration and clever ideas his work is definitely worth a visit.

But perhaps the most important reason to go take a look is so that you will not miss one of the most useful inventions of the 21st century...

The Monkey Decider.

The Monkey Decider itself is brilliant and the infomercial is well worth wasting a couple minutes of the company's time.

woofmutt

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-07-01 14:02 ]

W

The Art of Manliness gave us a heads up to Chetart's newish (?) Sinister Simians line.

I find them appealing because deep down we all know monkeys are actually quite evil and are just waiting for their chance to take us down and claim the Top Banana spot.

Pages: 1 1 replies