Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Moai on Parade

Pages: 1 5 replies

Here's a crazy idea - like the Chicago Cows on Parade.

1. You get a plain white Moai at minimal cost ($5? to cover material cost and shipping)
  2. You decorate it however you want. Not everyone has access to glaze and a kiln, so use whatever media you want (they won't be drink-safe)
  3. Post a photo and description here of your mug
  4. Pack your Moai up and send it to another randomly selected participant.
  5. Bring or send your Moai to Oasis 2009 for display

Any interest, comments, suggestions?

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-08-20 10:34 ]

T

I like the idea. Maybe even something more than a $5 moai. Maybe get tiki farm in on this. But where would the $5 moai come from.

I like it but don't understand #4. Omit step 4 and sounds good

It would be great to get bisqued, unglazed moais from TikiFarm if they were reasonably priced. Otherwise I'm sure we could sucker someone with a kiln to make some. Seems the Moai should be clean and simple, let the decoration do the talking.

I'm not stuck on step 4 (trading Moais). There is just such artistic depth on this board that I thought it would be cool to send your masterpiece off and receive someone else's masterpiece, most people already have enough of their own stuff. By random I mean something like placing the participants on a list in numerical order by their mailing address and you send yours to the person below you

Just a thought

LT

Sounds like fun!

I think they should be bigger than mug size - 1 to 2 feet would be awesome!

You know what the monkey said when he crapped in the cash register... "This is going to run into the money!"

Larger Moai would be cool but seems that a 2 foot tall ceramic Moai could get pricey! Besides, It would hold 40 gallons of MaiTai and I'm not much of a drinker :)

jpmartdog, loved your website - great art!

Pages: 1 5 replies