Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

JenTiki joins the Wall of Immortals at Forbidden Island!

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

Aloha!

Yes, it's true once again!! The Wall of Immortals is growing ever larger! I'm pleased to announce that Alameda's own JenTiki is now the fourth person to complete the Forbidden Island Kill-Devil Club Rum List!!

Two guys from 50 miles away and two women who live within stumbling distance. This means something, but I don't know what. Other than Alameda guys can't hold their liquor. (OH SNAP! Gauntlet thrown!!)

The FI Kill-Devil Club is free to join (but sadly not to drink) and allows you to taste a tremendous variety of rums from around the world from our vast collection. Jen rocked it out in no time, and was presented with a bottle of one of her favorite rums, Zacapa 23, while her ceremonial completion song was played (Everyone gets a different song, Jen's was, well, I'll let her decide if she wants me to say what it was!) Each person gets their own plaque on the rum shelf, and Jen's is already proudly displayed.

Let's all give it up for Jen!!!!

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-08-21 14:12 ]

It was Dancing Queen by ABBA.

Congrat, hon.

G

On 2008-08-21 14:16, Haole'akamai wrote:

OMG, are you kidding? I was seriously going to say that as an attempt at humor. Well, there you go. Reality beat me to it.

Way to go Jen!!!!!

As a followup, I challenge you to come to Orlando, hang out at Disney World with a different Brazilian teen tour group each day of the week, and consume nothing but $10 cheeseburgers and Pepsis. We'll see how tough you are... :D

J

On 2008-08-21 14:16, Haole'akamai wrote:

Congrat, hon.

Thanks, T!

Although you were correct that it was ABBA, the song was actually Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

You can all stop your laughing now.

:lol:

J

On 2008-08-21 14:29, GatorRob wrote:
As a followup, I challenge you to come to Orlando, hang out at Disney World with a different Brazilian teen tour group each day of the week, and consume nothing but $10 cheeseburgers and Pepsis. We'll see how tough you are... :D

No way!!! I can handle my rum (well, usually), but teenagers are a challenge I'm not up to!

[ Edited by: JenTiki 2008-08-21 14:34 ]

Congratulations, Jen! Yer a damn drunk and the envy of all yer friends.

Way to go, Jennifer!! I couldn't even handle 4 rum tastes in the NorCal suite during Tiki Oasis (hugged the toilet for 1.5 hours) more less complete that entire list. WOW.

Cheers to your liver!

Awesome!
You are a credit to our name.

Regards,

The Other Jen

Congratulations, Jen!

Welcome to the club.

Just wondering if your liver has calloused, like mine.

VIVA LOS CUATRO!

Congrats Jen,
thats quite an accomplishment.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

What color is your liver??

Mine is Purple, blue and some weird shade of Green !!

I also been to a few AA meetings.

Welcome Jen !!

J

AA is for quitters!!!

My liver is a healthy shade of chartreuse!

Congrats Jen!!! Awesome job finishing the list!!!!

Nice job Jen. Next one's on me.

On 2008-09-03 23:01, JenTiki wrote:
AA is for quitters!!!

My liver is a healthy shade of chartreuse!

well I finished that list in a 6 week period. that's 2.5 shots a rum a day.

So I guess I needed to quit , but I moved on to Bourbon. Teqillia next !

Pages: 1 14 replies