Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Waialua soda

Pages: 1 9 replies

O

Found these at Bev Mo last night.

I haven't seen those but I live near the Mexican border and we get Jarrito sodas; Grapefruit, Mango, Pineapple, Guava, Tangerine, Strawberry, Tamarind & Lime. The Guava is especially good.

N

On 2008-08-22 13:48, Ojaitimo wrote:
Found these at Bev Mo last night.

I bought the root beer for a root beer lover. He thought it was below average.

We had these in Hawaii the last time we were there. Absolutely awesome. Of course it could have been that it was steaming hot outside and the soda was nice and cold. Regardless, we were big fans of the vanilla cream and the pineapple. I sure wish I could figure out how to get some to Oklahoma.

These guys are so cool. Their shop looks like an old car repair place from the road plus it's hard to see, but if you're lucky and catch them working inside you can usually taste their sodas. I don't think root beer is their strongest soda. Good, but I think the tropical flavors like pineapple and lilikoi are what they do best. They also have the coolest logo.

So after a little googling, I found out I CAN get it in Oklahoma... and the rest of you could get it too. It can be ordered from popsoda.com

A former cow orker found this pop at a toy shop just south of Seattleville and bought me a bottle of the pineapple. I thought the flavor was great. It'd make a good mixer for a simple tropical drink. (I like having a few E-Z cocktail options when mixing drinks for 5 or more.)

I love lilikoi (I had to look it up, it's passion fruit for us haoles) I didn't see it in the picture, I wonder if it's available on the mainland?

Anything worth doing, is worth doing to the point of wretched excess.

Edit - spelling error

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2008-08-27 07:23 ]

M

Love their soda.
I found it a couple months back at Galco's http://www.sodapopstop.com

If you're in LA you need to check out Galco's!
They have all the sodas you remember as a kid and a ton you've never heard of!
The majority of them are made with real cane sugar even the Coca Cola they sell is the old recipe made with cane sugar.

H

Good news for Waialua-sippin' Austinites (and maybe some other Texans)! The Westlake "hybrid" HEB (cross between Central Market & HEB) is carrying 4-packs of this luscious nectar. It's possible a regular HEB might be carrying them.
I first tried a Vanilla Cream Waialua when the company was a sponsor of Austin's Pachanga Festival this Spring. Loved it! Also sampled the Pineapple. Both winners.
Besides being carried in West Coast stores & now here on the Third Coast, the Website indicates an expansion to Virginia, Maryland & DC!
Hulacat

Pages: 1 9 replies