Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Prince Kawohi

Pages: 1 6 replies

K
Kata posted on Fri, Aug 22, 2008 8:31 PM

Aloha
My brother-in-law is Prince Kawohi, for those of you who are familiar with his music, you will be glad to know that he is alive and well, living in Georgia. I just thoughtr I'd pass that info on to any who are interested. He is a great musician and a great person.
Peace,
Kata in FL.

M

Kata, there are some of us here who are more than pleased to have you even mentioning the Prince!

That he is still with us is almost impossible to believe, as most from his era are long gone.
My friend, Bobby Ingano, whom your BIL will probably remember, got to meet and talk with him a few years back. We always get a kick out of watching him do his dances on the old films.

Thanx for posting, and tell him we totally remember him!

Long live The Prince!

K
Kata posted on Sat, Sep 25, 2010 1:30 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that we lost Prince Kawohi on Monday. He lived a very full life and will be missed by family, friends and fellow musicians.

M

Thanx for passing along the sad news, they just don't make em' l'dat any more. Condolences to all who cared about the Prince.

[ Edited by: msteeln 2010-09-25 20:34 ]

M

The family had a real nice notice printed in the local paper http://obits.staradvertiser.com/2010/10/10/prince-enest-kaanoheokala-kawohionalani/#axzz12BJg4Sgf

What a guy!

You don't often see a 94 year old man survived by his mother-in-law :)

M

What a MIL!

Pages: 1 6 replies