Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"The Office" at the Tonga Hut

Pages: 1 8 replies

I just got back from the Tonga Hut in North Hollywood where they recently filmed an episode of "The Office". Apparently they extra tikied-up the place for the episode, though the only reminants of their extra decor is a few strands of lights. Let's hope that the show isn't making fun of tiki bars...but I sort of doubt it. Oh well, it's a good show and it'll be nice to see the Tonga Hut featured.

Why didn't they just build a tiki bar in Scranton?

A tiki bar in Scranton would be awesome! There is a bar there called Pasco's Tiki Bar but its just a small old man style hole in the wall place, no tikis, nothing even beachy or nautical, the name has nothing to do w/ tikis. Cooper's Seafood is the closest tiki-style place, there arent any tikis but great nautical decor including glass floats.

R

While Scranton may not have a tiki bar these days, there's a great Mexican restaurant just outside of town in Old Forge called Julia's that serves excellent margaritas and has a few of the classic tiki drinks (mai tai!) on the menu:
http://www.oldforgehotel.com/drink.htm

Their drink menu also features a cocktail of dubious taste: "Jonestown Punch," made with Guyana rum.

~Rupe

no wai, seeing members of the office in a tiki bar might be almost too great.

i hope dwight gets rocked on mai tais.

S

Dwight getting rocked on mai tais would be too funny..I can only imagine what Kevin's outlook on it would be..Maybe Kevins band will have a gig there..

R

THE OFFICE?
TONGA HUT?
:o :o :o

Holy underwear! I love that show! That's so awesome, i can't wait to see that episode!
I can see Michael totally ruining the experience somehow, if he's involved in the tonga hut scene :lol:
"Hey everyone let's sing JIMMY BUFFET"

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The Office's "Scranton" is in North Hollywood. Their studios are a few blocks from my previous employer near Roscoe and Van Nuys. I doubt they will make fun of Tiki, but will probably show the dangers of having one too many Mai Tais. I can't wait to see that episode!

On 2008-08-26 06:00, rupe33 wrote:
While Scranton may not have a tiki bar these days, there's a great Mexican restaurant just outside of town in Old Forge called Julia's that serves excellent margaritas and has a few of the classic tiki drinks (mai tai!) on the menu:
http://www.oldforgehotel.com/drink.htm

Their drink menu also features a cocktail of dubious taste: "Jonestown Punch," made with Guyana rum.

~Rupe

Julia's is great! They have Samoan Fog Cutters too and do serve a few drinks in scorpian bowls. No tiki mugs though. Food is good also.

Pages: 1 8 replies