Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: The Voo Doo Kitty

Pages: 1 4 replies

This isn’t your typical traditional tiki drink inasmuch as it isn’t “brown-ish” or “brown-ish yellow”.
In fact, I was obsessed with trying to create a “Green” colored drink.

I also wanted to use the liquor of one of the sponsors of the Tiki Oasis 8, Voo Doo Rum. When I thought of Zombies, the color “green” popped into my head. Maybe it was the throught of rotting gangrene flesh.

In any event, given the fact that I’m terrified of Zombies (have been since I was a kid) I wanted to make something a little less scary and gave my new concoction a fun name. Thus, “The Voo Doo Kitty” was born.

These are 2 versions of the drink, a stronger and lighter version of the drink. I made the stronger version for the Tiki Central Tiki Oasis 2008 Crawl.

Since I have a lemon tree in my yard and access to an orange tree, I usually fresh-squeeze these two fruits. I found that the Orange Juice gives the drink a cool cloudy effect. Too much Blue Curacao ruins the drink and lemon juice is a must otherwise the drink tastes too sweet.

Voo Doo Kitty (Lighter Version)

1 oz. Voo Doo Rum
1 oz. Red Rum
½ oz. Blue Curacao
½ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 oz. Mango Juice
1 oz. Papaya Juice
½ oz. Pineapple Juice
½ oz. Orange Juice

Total Ounces = 6

Voo Doo Kitty (Stronger Version)

1 oz. Voo Doo Rum
1 oz. Red Rum
1 oz. Banacourt Rum
½ oz Blue Curacao

½ oz. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 oz. Mango Juice
1 oz. Papaya Juice
1 oz. Pineapple Juice
1 oz. Orange Juice

Total Ounces = 8

Enjoy!

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2008-08-27 13:46 ]

Nelva, whichever version you test poured for us at my house last month sure was delicious! :drink:

I made this drink last night and even though I did not have the specified rums (I used 10 Cane and Appleton Special with a Coruba float) and used mango and papaya nectars . . . .WOW!

Way to go Cheeky Girl!

I used the "strong" version for the chop. Glad you liked it.

Red rum in a voodoo drink! Now that's funny! Redrum, redrum!!

Pages: 1 4 replies