Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

VanTiki heads to Colorado

Pages: 1 2 replies

V

Aloha!

I am going to boldly post this on two threads - Tiki Travel and Denver Tiki - hope that I am not breaking any kapu in doing so!

Here's the scoop: Ms. VanTiki and I are off to Denver for a business trip on Sept. 2nd. We've got two days of work (the 3rd and 4th), then are spending 5 glorious days driving around colorado scouting out ghost towns and geocaches (we are planning a multi-day loop from denver to Cripple Creek to Rocky Mountain park and back to Denver). Imagine my surprise when I find this Denver Tiki thread chock full of amazing carvers and tikiphiles! Are there any Tiki hot-spots that are a must see in colorado? I am bringing a slew of tiki tiles and clay tiki coins to leave in geocaches:

so if you are a tiki lover and a geocacher you may have a very lucky find! :)

Can't wait to get on that plane - last time I was in Colorado I was 13 years old!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

V

Aloha!

I'm back from my amazing Colorado Adventure. A big Mahalo to the Denver folks for the travel tips. For those Coloradoians (?) who may want to scoop up a tiki tile or two, I left a bunch in geocaches while driving around your amazing state. Here be one of them:

and you can find it here:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=754dc75b-80b4-4dc6-a98c-79a11d224a0a

Boulder folks are a bit closer to the candy-apple goodie I left here:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a117a1fb-8f2f-42e0-b1c2-ec46ae88fb31

Good to be home - but the vog is killer! I haven't seen it this bad on oahu in a long time. Ok - I'm off to my studio (its about time!)

Mahalo!
Henrik "VanTiki"

B

YAY, Henrick is back!

I'm heading back home to Boulder for a visit in Nov...maybe I'll stand a chance at finding this treasure...If there's not 4 foot of snow on the ground that is.

Pages: 1 2 replies