Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

New Trader Vic's Drink ... stuff, on the shelves

Pages: 1 9 replies

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2008 1:14 PM

Mango, Banana, Pineapple and Coconut ... whatever. Says they are mixed with Barbados Rum. I'm not gonna try it, you try it.

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2008 1:35 PM

On 2008-09-04 13:14, Swanky wrote:
Mango, Banana, Pineapple and Coconut ... whatever. Says they are mixed with Barbados Rum. I'm not gonna try it, you try it.

My friend Mikey tried it. It's shit.

Whenever I see that TV's crap on the shelves, I think "Dammit - that space could be used to sell good rum." Which is odd, because I would think the exact opposite thought if every third restaurant/bar was a Trader Vic's. It's really a shame that Vic's markets such Buffetesque generic island lifestyle crap, because doing so tarnishes their reputation with the uninformed masses.

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Sep 4, 2008 2:01 PM

This stuff arrived on the shelf along with their Macadamia Nut liqueur and Kona Coffee and spiced rum. I mean, if you're gonna do something liek this, where's the Mai Tai and Navy Grog bottles?

Has anybody tried the macadamia nut liquor? I'd at least give that a shot if I seed it.

M

On 2008-09-04 14:07, pappythesailor wrote:
Has anybody tried the macadamia nut liquor? I'd at least give that a shot if I seed it.

Yup, I love the stuff. It's very strong though, so you've gotta use it sparingly so it doesn't overpower the rest of the cocktails.

I prefer it by far over the Kahana Royale. Though seeing as I can get neither in Canada, I take what I can get.

MR

I think the huge tiki revival is partially to blame here. I would bet that in time we'll see this type of crap drop off. Longevity in products and subcultures is based on quality. Things that don't have it don't last.
Wow, that felt kind of preachy...sorry.
Cheers.

G

Oooo... we had fun with that at the last Tiki carving jam at Benzart's house. I don't remember who brought it. Really good stuff though. I do need a bottle of that.

T

On 2008-09-04 13:35, Kenike wrote:

On 2008-09-04 13:14, Swanky wrote:

My friend Mikey tried it. It's shit.

Holy crap, THAT was funny !

Pages: 1 9 replies