Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

thor's new hyper real shrunken heads..Throwing in free rum sketch of each head!!!!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T
THOR's posted on Fri, Sep 5, 2008 7:59 AM

Aloha TC OHANA!!

I made three hanging heads yesterday that are KILLER in detail and finish... and am willing to sell for $225.00 ea. plus flat 10.00 shipping charge to those on TC here that see this post. BUT..IF CASH IS PAYED and you can meet me locally at Tonga Hut or close to Glendale/San Fernando Valley area in the next few days I will accept $200.00 flat PLUS throw in a small original RUM SKETCH of the shrunken head purchased. These will be matted and ready for framing!

See my other threads for more on my shrunken heads. I do these ONLY as a side hobby because I love making them and they are not available in my galleries or online stores. These are made to represent what the Jivaro tribe's of the Amazon would do in the "drying stage" of making a traditional head. Some heads were confiscated by other tribes or explorers while still in this stage. Many people who have bought my heads prefer this look because they are VERY savage looking and impressive.

In the real process..wooden skewers wrapped in hemp or gut were placed through lips(three skewers typically). Eyes were sewn shut and the hollow skin head was stuffed lightly with dry jungle herbs or grasses. The neck opening was held open with a loop made of a dried vine. The head was allowed to desiccate(dry)..sometimes in a smoke hut or safe area away from scavengers and insects. A braided hemp cord was sewn to the scalp and the head hung till more curing was completed. After this,skewers and neck ring were removed and the familiar twine was placed through the dry holes left from the skewers. Ceremonial heads were then given feather and beetle wing danglers. Many had head dresses made of Toucan and Macaw feathers.

These look DEAD REAL!! I have done endless research to get these looking like this. I showed these last night to a man who is associated with Ripley's Museums and he said they look better than the real thing...and he said he's seen many! I have gotten many e-mails from those who already own these heads and they tell me consistently that they are the highlight/ conversation piece of their bars and home Tiki decor. People are seriously taken by the realism.

I will list these till Sunday AM..then place on Ebay if these are not sold and start the bid at $200.00. These are listed ONLY here on TC as of today. If interested, I will take first come, first serve!! Like last time..I will go by responses here on this thread as order of dibs! Buyers can pick these up from me at the Tonga Hut like last time or I am happy to ship upon receipt of payment. Cash, cashiers check or M.O. GREATLY preferred. Again..I have 3 hanging heads..see bellow. Also see my other thread on the post mounted heads...a few still available.

Happy hunting!!!!! THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's 2008-09-21 04:03 ]

Very cool! Sent you a PM.

T

Got ya covered Tiki-Tonga!! We have two left!

[ Edited by: THOR's 2008-09-05 12:57 ]

The detail is amazing. Great job.

T
THOR's posted on Fri, Sep 5, 2008 4:37 PM

Thanks Tiki Shop! I like to think..They are "A-head" of their time!!! Arr Arrr

[ Edited by: THOR's 2008-09-05 16:44 ]

I can't swing one now, however! I dig these so much, I will end up with one soon, keep me on the short list please.
Very Very cool.

T
THOR's posted on Sat, Sep 6, 2008 1:30 PM

Thanks Bob!! I listed these on ebay this AM... but have a few others I can part with ...then won't be making these for quite a while... I have to keep painting!!! Aloha!

B

Very nice work!!

T
THOR's posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2008 6:59 AM

THANKS BUDDY!!

I have listed these on Ebay...but will give a last offer here good to Those on TC. For anyone able to pay cash, M.O or cashier's check. I will throw in one of my small RUM PAINTED sketch ORIGINALS of the shrunken head purchased. This is the type seen on You Tube if you have not seen it...seasrch on YouTube under: "Thor Paints with Rum". This will be matted and ready to frame. This offer not available for the EBAY sales..just here to those seeing this on TC. This offer is good for either the hanging heads or the staked heads.

Hurry on this! I have only two of the three hanging ones left...and one is listed on EBAY. I can terminate the auction upon sale here on TC.

aloha!

T
THOR's posted on Tue, Sep 9, 2008 7:39 PM

NELSON!!!.."Tiki Tonga"!!!

Great meeting you over drinks and shrunken head sales tonight!!! Keep them happy and away from any animal that likes dried flesh!! lol

Thanks for the dinner at Bahooka!! I love that place....and all the fish tanks make me crave sea food ..even though I had the pork BBQ sandwhich....

If anyone wants to meet at Tonga Hut for Shrunken deals..lemme know!! I am back to painting...

~~T

[ Edited by: THOR's 2008-09-09 21:32 ]

Tom,
Enjoyed meeting you too & talking Tiki. Thanks for offering these incredibly authentic looking heads to TC Ohana at such a great price. I advise anyone who has been contemplating a purchase of one, to do so quickly. These are kick ass and light years ahead of others offered on ebay. Beware, however! They may not be mother in law (or wife) friendly. But then again, that may add to their appeal. :D..........I will try to post a pic soon.
Mahaloz, Nelson. :drink:

Pages: 1 10 replies