Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Girl Scout Cookies?

Pages: 1 38 replies

Mmmmmmmmmmm! Samoas!!!!!

G.D. Girl Scouts!!!!!!

I just want to eat a Brownie!

Those evil little girls! My kitchen is now littered with half eaten boxes of cookies....

I like to take 2 Samoas and put a thin mint in the middle and make a sandwich. Goes great with beer.

T
Thor posted on Thu, Mar 13, 2003 11:03 AM

My house is having a tasting contest. We have purchased every kind of cookie and a tally is kept.

So far, AllAbouts and ThinMints are in the lead.

J

Have you tried the Aloha Chip cookies?? Not as rich as the other Girl Scout cookies but they've got Macadamia nuts, which is nice...

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2003-03-13 17:04 ]

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts"
-Wednesday Addams - The Addams Family

S

Boycot those assholes in front of Walmart, etc.! Why? Girl A goes out and gets 100 people in her neighborhood and church and parents friends to buy a box of cookies and puts inher order. Girl B with the rich parents sells zero boxes, except the 300 she "sells" to her parents so she can be the top seller. Then she and her mom, who has no job, nor a need for one, sit in front of the grocery store all day selling those cookies. Rich bastards! I want to set fire to their boxes of cookies! Make them eat all the damn cookies they bought! How about a little honest work for a change! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you bastards!!!!!!

Well, that's how I feel. "Wanna buy a some Girl Scout cookies?" "Hell no, goddammitt!!"

On 2003-03-13 17:04, johntiki wrote:
Have you tried the Aloha Chip cookies??

if y're a real glut like me, you might enjoy stuffing yr face w/ a samoa & an aloha at the same time!

T

Whoa whoa Swanky. Have a Thin Mint. :)

I agree, the world would be a happier place if everybody at a thin mint!

:tiki:

Hey Swanky, don't beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel... :)

I usually wait until I see the girls outside Walmart or Target to buy my Girl Scout cookies. That way I don't have to deal with the pressure of buying cookies from every one of my co-workers kids. I always end up buying more than I wanted to because if I buy from one mom, then I have to buy from another and so on, and so on.

Plus, waiting allows me to pick the ones I really want since I'm not buying out of obligation but out of choice.

I used this same technique to buy my tiki mugs too - all of 3 them!

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-14 08:32 ]

On 2003-03-14 08:31, PolynesianPop wrote:

I used this same technique to buy my tiki mugs too - all of 3 them!

Yeah, I too prefer to buy my mugs from outside Walmart or Target, rather than from my co-workers kids!

Ole Ole's with coffe! Score!

Since I'm diabetic, I flash my Medic Alert bracelet like I'm Steve McGarrett from Hawaii 5-0, and say "no thanks" (and cringe inside since I LOVED G.S. cookies as a kid). Three years ago, they used to have sugar-free cookies, but only had them on the market for 1 year, and supposidely didn't reach their sales goal as expected, so they pulled them.

Bummer for me because they were good.

(almost)SugarFreeCaddyDaddy

Gee, Swanky, you've made the connection for me.

In Vallejo, which is pretty much ALL blue-collar, I encountered some cute little kids pounding the sidewalk selling cookies. I bought some--urp. So much for the diet.

Then...last week I was up in the Oakland Hills, the snooty, well-moneyed Montclair district to be specific. What do I see but a little girl and her MOM with a table outside Safeway, selling Girl Scout cookies.

Hmmmmm...

K
Kim posted on Fri, Mar 14, 2003 11:13 AM

I've successfully resisted the cookies so far this year, but the Girl Scouts parked in front of the neighborhood Fred Meyer are wearing me down...

Did you know that the Girl Scouts use different manufacturers in different areas? That's why you get multiple names for the same type of cookie in different places- i.e. "Samoas" are "Carmel Delights" in some places...

On 2003-03-14 11:13, Kim wrote:
Did you know that the Girl Scouts use different manufacturers in different areas? That's why you get multiple names for the same type of cookie in different places- i.e. "Samoas" are "Carmel Delights" in some places...

Kim, you just wrinkled my brain.

Did you know that everytime you learn something new you get a new wrinkle in your brain? Actually, the technical term is "neuropathway."

There! Now I just wrinkled yours!! :)

**Poly-Pop ***

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-03-14 11:32 ]

K
Kim posted on Fri, Mar 14, 2003 12:01 PM

Did you know the majority of your neuropathways are formed between birth and the age of five?

(who works in a science museum? I do, I do!)

:)

and did you know that a fair share of those neuropathways are then destroyed within five minutes after consuming a properly made Suffering Bastard?

suffering for my thirst,
Vern

On 2003-03-14 12:01, Kim wrote:
Did you know the majority of your neuropathways are formed between birth and the age of five?

You wrinkled my brain again! Actually, no I did not know that.

Did you know the human head weighs 8 pounds?

Ok, I stole that one from Jerry Maquire.

Thanks for all your brain wrinkle comments... I have now lost my appetite for girl scout cookies!

K
Kim posted on Fri, Mar 14, 2003 2:54 PM

You can't talk about brain wrinkles without losing your appetite?

Even for the Samoas and the Peanut Butter Patties? That's too bad...:)

J

Don't get me wrong, I love Thin Mints and all but, does anyone else have the problem of burping up the taste of mint for days after eating them? It's enough to make you want to switch to Samoas...

oy!
Thanks for reminding me!
I bought 8 boxes of samoas from my niece & totally forgot about them!
I never do that!
gotta go......need sugar...

T
Thor posted on Fri, Mar 14, 2003 5:55 PM

Here in San Diego, Ole Oles are called Brainwrinkles.

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:28 ]

On 2003-03-14 05:49, Swanky wrote:
Boycot those assholes in front of Walmart, etc.! Why? Girl A goes out and gets 100 people in her neighborhood and church and parents friends to buy a box of cookies and puts inher order. Girl B with the rich parents sells zero boxes, except the 300 she "sells" to her parents so she can be the top seller. Then she and her mom, who has no job, nor a need for one, sit in front of the grocery store all day selling those cookies. Rich bastards! I want to set fire to their boxes of cookies! Make them eat all the damn cookies they bought! How about a little honest work for a change! AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you bastards!!!!!!

Well, that's how I feel. "Wanna buy a some Girl Scout cookies?" "Hell no, goddammitt!!"

Ahh, Ok. I see you have issues with women.

S

On 2003-03-14 05:49, Swanky wrote:

I understand what you mean.

However there was no one in my neughborhood (Or in my family yet) who sells them. Hate to tell you but I bought them at Walmart.

T

Is Samoas a cute name for S'Mores? I think I will call S'Mores Samoas from now on. Actually, I think I will call EVERYTHING Samoas from now on. Like "hey, check out the Samoa on him!"

I think it would be Sa-MO-a.. hmm, sounds better verbalized.

As for the evil of girl scout cookies... so far this year, one box of Tagalongs down, 1,000,000 sit-ups to go.

Samoas

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 cookies

Amount Per Serving
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 80

Total Fat 9g
Sodium 45mg
Total Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugars 12g
Protein 2g

Who eats just 2 cookies?

You know POP now has a total of 5 wrinkles.

And Bong's head weighs 16 pounds because of the split peronality.

Tikifish when your still hungry you can ask for samoa "please sir, may I have Samoa?"

Then years ago I heard that the brain cells you thought you were killing by drinking, just go dormant and come back after you stop drinking, but most of you will never know.

Were we talking about cookies?

T
Thor posted on Mon, Mar 17, 2003 10:53 AM

On 2003-03-14 18:05, purple jade wrote:
I confess I plotzed at that...

Sorry. What does plotz mean. Am I a plotz?

-The Thorness

[ Edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:30 ]

On 2003-03-17 07:31, thebaxdog wrote:

Then years ago I heard that the brain cells you thought you were killing by drinking, just go dormant and come back after you stop drinking, but most of you will never know.

Brain cells dormant like a volcano? So, you mean someday, there is a risk that Bong may suddenly erupt and spew forth with intelligence?

For the safety of us all.... KEEP BONG DRINKING!!!

those Macadamias or what evers tase much better dipped in rum. Good night!

Pages: 1 38 replies