Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dave Stuckey's Rhythm Gang, Hobo Jazz & more! all for free!

Pages: 1 5 replies

This Sunday, Sept 14th, yes it's the Dave Stuckey we all know & love from The Dave & Deke Combo & The Bone Brake Syncopators. Playing with his very own band; Dave Stuckey's Rhythm Gang. A very special treat and not to be missed. Along with Hobo Jazz, Marty Smith & Mooneyham's and Hillbilly DJ Jeff W. Best of all it's free, free to park and it's all ages, so bring the kiddies too! The fun starts at noon and goes till 5. If your hungry why not try the brunch menu? Let's not forget about Hillbilly Jeff's Moonshine Melon, a fine cocktail served up in a watermelon! If you plan on going please post it here, hope to see you there!

Safari Sam's
5214 W Sunset blvd
Hollywood, Ca 90027

For more info and more on upcoming shows please visit http://www.myspace.com/samsbrunchfoodmusic

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-08 08:04 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-08 08:05 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-08 08:05 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-08 08:06 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-08 08:08 ]

Here's more on Hobo Jazz

The music they play is best described as Hobo Jazz. Some might call it a skiffle band, some might say blues, or hillbilly, or folk, or even jazz. Just say they are bluesy, folk, prison music or as a quick sum up, just Hobo Jazz.
They play the music of the contemporary 1930's hobo country bluesman. This is part rail ridin' music, part field hollar sonnet. Part rock-a-billy cadillac, part 1932 Fordor Wagon. One part Hobo, one part Jazz.

But Hobo Jazz is more than just them, it's in the spirit of Johnny Cash, in the spirit of Louis Armstrong. It's in the spirit of anyone influenced by an Emmet Miller yodel or a Louis Prima yell. This is american roots music with roots all over the world. Whether based in blues, folk, jazz, or gospel, this is the music we play. We hope you come see a show & we hope you like it.

SD

We love Hobo Jazz.

Became a fan at Ink and Iron 2007,and bought a cd. Don't miss this opportunity to catch Hobo Jazz, you'll love 'em!

Jen

On 2008-09-08 08:49, Skinny Dog wrote:
We love Hobo Jazz.

Became a fan at Ink and Iron 2007,and bought a cd. Don't miss this opportunity to catch Hobo Jazz, you'll love 'em!

Jen

My hubby booked them, I cant wait to see them! He was at the Ink and Iron fest too. I hope you can make it out to them?

The Mooneyhams might not be able to make it to the show, which means a longer set for Hobo Jazz starting 1:30!

Turns out Marty Smith & The Mooneyhams can make the show they play from 12:30-1:40
Hobo Jazz plays from 2-3
Dave Stuckey's Rhythm gang from for 2 sets 3:30-5

So who out there is going to make it to this amazing show? If you do, come say hi, I sit right behind the dj. Have a fun weekend everyone!

Pages: 1 5 replies