Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Monkey Mayor in Sex Scandal

Pages: 1 1 replies

T

Monkey of a mayor falls into sex trap

October 09 2002 at 11:25AM

Hartlepool, England - Yet another sex scandal has erupted in British politics - and this time it's H'Angus the Monkey in the trap.

The furry Hartlepool United soccer club mascot - elected mayor of the northern English town last May on a prank platform - has been sighted at a local lesbian strip show, the Hartlepool Mail newspaper reported on Wednesday.

"I wouldn't have thought a man of his standing would have turned up in a place like that," buxom blond Keri Mockler, 19, who stripped and kissed with an 18-year-old girl at the Office pub, was quoted as saying.

H'Angus - real name: Stuart Drummond, 28 - confessed: "I did go to the pub (with friends after a county soccer match), but was not taking any great interest in what was happening on stage."

"Nevertheless, it was an error of judgment and I apologise if I offended anyone," he said, echoing former prime minister John Major's expression of shame for his just-exposed four-year fling with Edwina Currie.

H'Angus is the namesake of a real monkey reputedly hanged in Hartlepool as a French spy during the Napoleonic wars.

He ditched his colourful campaign promise - "free bananas for children" - after his surprise victory over establishment rivals to focus on education and youth issues. - Sapa-AFP

There's another banana joke in there somewhere....

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 1 replies