Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Andersons Split Pea Soup Tiki?

Pages: 1 12 replies

i saw the mug and just for the life of me could not make the connection......what gives?. did they used to have a tiki bar in buellton??. i have been going there every summer on the way to laguna seca, but have never entered the bar.i got the mug for a song, but its so odd.....swedish tiki...

[edited by hanford to remove all caps from the subject]

keep the rubber side down and the gas on!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-03-13 14:53 ]

twowheelin'tiki wrote:
i saw the mug...i got the mug for a song...swedish tiki...

2WT~
Got Pictures?
Which song did you sing?
Did you have to yodle for that Swedish Tiki?

Hey TwoWheelin':

Not to be a pest but I've had to fix several of your posts. Please don't post messages in all capital letters, and please refrain from using exessive punctuation. The rules are posted here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/tikicentral/rules.htm#general

No harm done, but please read and respect the rules. Thanks!

~Hanford

On 2003-03-13 13:32, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:

Did you have to yodle for that Swedish Tiki?

i think you might have your 'european nations that begin w/ the "sw" sound' confused.

On 2003-03-13 13:26, twowheelin'tiki wrote:

but its so odd.....swedish tiki...

http://members01.chello.se/subliminalsounds/tiki/index.html

Oh Swell!
I switched Switzerland with Sweden and swore I swung, swooned and swerved to shun from scripting Swedish instead of Swiss.

Thanks for the correction TikiChris!

Swugar

SWeet!

yo hanford, i got your msg. but how is large print(CAPS)harder to read?(they are LARGER). is this a computer nerd(not you) rule gone mainstream?, kinda like caps=yelling?.this is all kinda weird to me, but i'm trying to learn.if my lack of proper comp skills has offended my fellow tikiheads, i am sorry.

[ Edited by: twowheelin'tiki on 2003-03-15 16:58 ]

Well, if one or two headlines feature all caps, it's no big deal. It's not that hard to read when it's used in a headline situation (I use all caps for headlines all over tikicentral.com).

However I think it becomes a problem when it's used in large bodies of text. Try reading a large paragraph of text in all caps, and it's actually more demanding on the eyes and the brain to make it through the paragraph. There's been several readability tests that have confirmed this (although I can't name one, offhand :wink: )

So, the rule is designed to keep away the eBay Effect. The eBay effect is this: a few people all caps to make their headline stand out over others. Then a few others see that and think their headlines are not standing out enough, so they do it too. Soon there's more, and then the listings are hard to read. Then people start adding streams of characters like !!!!!!!!! and >>>>>LOOK AT MY AUCTION

TWT~
Did you ever take pictures of that mug? I'd like to see!

it's one of those large ,3 face tiki mugs.Kinda generic...

DZ

I have 2 of the Andersen's Pea Soup "3-face" mugs - one with the city name on it, one without. I just got a new digital camera, but I won't be able to post any pix of mine until after the Hukilau...

Not to be picky, but the Andersons of Andersons Split Pea soup fame are Danish not Swedish.

Pages: 1 12 replies