Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

New video of 'The Tiki Room' song on Disney

Pages: 1 0 replies

While watching the Disney Channel with my 4 year old the other night I caught a music video of Wayne Brady, the comedian from ‘What’s My Line’, doing a Jamaican dance hall version of ‘The Tiki Room’! They’ve got him singing with green screen campy animation that looks like The Tiki Room complete with a wall of singing Tikis in the background. The music starts with the actual track of Jose starting the real Tiki Room opening and the music takes off from there. It’s great because the birds end up leaving their perches and flying all around along with Brady floating right out of the building with them. I can’t find the video on the net but here is a music clip. The purists may take umbrage but I think it’s great that they’re introducing kids to this classic song in a way that actually honors the real Tiki Room. My 4 year old will already know the song when we finally do take her to Disneyland.

Check out the music sample. The link doesn't automatically work. You have to cut and paste the entire string into your browser window.
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/songs/0,,3462464,00.html

UPDATE: I fixed the link so you can click it. -Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Fixed the link - 2008-09-11 22:30 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies