Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

3rd Annual DC Rum Festival - Sept 18

Pages: 1 1 replies

I

At least two of us in the D.C. area will be attending this event. Tickets are $75 each. 70 different rums , and food menu that includes homemade pie with a caramel rum sauce.

http://www.tastedc.com/cgi-bin/events.cgi?location=X_DC&summary=1#8518. (scroll down a bit)

Join TasteDC for an exciting tasting of over 70 magnificent rums from the islands of the Caribbean! This Rum Tasting will focus on small production super-premium producers new to the U.S. market. The world of rum has changed as many Caribbean producers have recently begun exporting to the U.S.

Fine rum has similarities to single malt Scotch - the best are created by small producers in pot stills from either cane sugar or molasses, distilled and aged in oak barrels for years to create a rum "style". You will taste rums produced from countries such as Trinidad, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Barbados, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Martinique, and Venezuela - all produced in their own style. You will also learn from tasting the three basic types of rum: white, golden and dark rums the differences in flavor. A full delicious buffet of island specialties is included in the price

B

now, if this was a different date, I'd be all over it.

Sounds like a blast!

I expect a full review vern!

Pages: 1 1 replies