Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Oct. 18th Trailor Trash chop #2,Venue Change to O-side

Pages: 1 20 replies

Ok, after much consideration, we've decided that Ricks' place would be a much better locality fer an October chop, if ya'all are interested. My house really isn't ready and won't be for a couple of months, so Rick will post the details later. Thanks Babs!!

View my work @

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

Conformation is the new rebellion.

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-19 14:35 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-28 20:46 ]

Im pretty sure i can chop when ever in october

Ok, I'm making this for Saturday the 18th. Who's in?

P

wish i could be there.

On 2008-09-17 21:50, pdrake wrote:
wish i could be there.

You should come out!

P

i wish. there's so much i want to do there this weekend. lot's of fun stuff going on.

i don't think i can make it, though. work is tight and so is money.

i'll think on it some more. maybe i can pick up my skull mug.

B

Dude, Your just right down the street...I'll have to stop over to see the new homestead.

If we all want to do a big ass gathering of carvers and artists (a "Chop")in the ole Lemon Grove area though, perhaps we should consider doing it over here at my cosa? Hot dog cart - Twinkies - nice clay studio - 10 x 20 covered tent area for chain saw action - nice shaded back yard for carving - The whole apartment that the kids were living in downstairs is opened up now...I can set that huge table of mine up for folks who are doing table top type of work - room for painters...hummm? Trailer Trash Chop #2? What do ya think?

PS...
I fixed your 1st mug a little...Thomas, yours too...

[ Edited by: Babalu 2008-09-19 08:40 ]

babs you da man bruddah! thanks!!!!!!

NO WAY BABS!! We're doing it in my un-finished project home, man......on a hill you have to carry your stuff up, no shade yet, boxes all over the carport, I'm in the middle of a construction project out back, etc.......

Yeah, my place really isn't ready for a "carving party" Is the 18th good for you? I have an art show on the 11th and the 4th is too soon, but do-able. Your call, bruddah......and thanks!

Should we call it the "Trailor trash carving party '08"?

B

It's Trailer with an "E" Crud Man...18th - 25th Oct works for me at my cosa...Let's start talking Oct. Chop after the Sept Chop...if there's enough interest in doing a Trailer Trash Chop #2 at my place, I'll be happy to host it. This would be a good time for some of you to glaze as well...

TrailOr looks more white trash than trailEr. End of October(25th) is no good for me, man......Going to MCAS Yuma and Brian is heading back to work for three months.

Also, turns out I'm booked for the Hodaddy Lagoon thing as well. Bummer, man. I really wanted to check that out.

Babs, can we "play with clay"?

B

i can do the 18th,will be out of town on the 4th-11th
been wanting to play with some more clay

pops and i are in on either day. hey babs we woukd like to try our hands on some clay, could you let me know what supplies to buy thats.

I have a bridal shower on the 10th or 11th -- I forget, once the day is finalized -- there's a good possibility I can attend.

And ditto with Sam and his daddy-o, if we want to "play with clay", what supplies?

So, the 18th is a go, no?

Should we bring corn again? Pumpkins? Sheeeeep?

B

On 2008-09-20 12:14, CheekyGirl wrote:
Babs, can we "play with clay"?

Of course you all can play with clay if you wish....

Looks like we have the Southland covered for the "18th"...Bahooka is on the same day...2 hours drive from me. I know some of you hardcores can pull off making both events.

I hope to see you all at Hoodaddy's next weekend...

The Trailer Park is gearing up...more next week!

What's going on at the Bahooka that Saturday, Babs?

In case a few of you haven't heard, the O-side chops will be coming to a close, as our gracious host may be moving out of the perfect chop-house. In memorium of this, the Trailor Trash chop has been cancelled and moved to Bills'. Lemon Grove Chop, (or whatever the hell they're being called now) to come!

Start the thread, Bill!!

Aack! Next weekend? That sure can up fast! Is this location change still good for all? And the date too? I will start a new thread today, if so.

And, yes, we'll be moving out of this great house in November. :(

I'm still good for then...

Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 20 replies