Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Lounge 5-O

Pages: 1 13 replies

You want your Aina back?

We're giving it to you every Thursday night at World Famous Anna Bannana's!

"Tiki Lounge" Thursdays kicks off it's Grand Opening Shindig Extravaganza on March 27th!

"Suck Em Up" with Mr. Don Ho (aka "The King" of retro Hawaiian lounge)himself from 11pm to Midnight. Merchandise and autographs available. Don't miss this special opportunity to "meet and greet" one of
the most influential and spectacular Hawaiian legends ever!

The dazzling and spectacular Willow Chang will delight you as "The Huli Huli Hula Girl!"

Shag to the vintage surf sounds of "The Blue Star Band" Live!

"Book Em" DJ Ginger in stereo-fidelic force showcasing the finest in Hawaii
5-0, Surf Safari, Adventure, Secret Agent files and retro lounge!

Enjoy one of our many "froofy" tropical drink specials while DJ Mary Ann
delights you with the ultimate in Exotica, Tiki Gods, Cocktail and Experimental lounge melodies!

Ever wonder what happened to The Skipper? Seen him around Waikiki have you? Don't forget The Millionaire!

TOP 5 REASONS TO COME:

1. The Decor! The Decor!

2. Bartender Rueben in a FEZ!

3. Live broadcast if we can get our coconut radio working by then!

4. First 50 guests are "Guaranteed" to get Leid!

5. The "Nice Price" only 5 clams!

Aloha wear and spirit welcome! Retro lounge attire encouraged!

Go old-old skool with us March 27th!
10pm to 2am, 21 and over, $5
Anna Bannana's at 2440 South Beretania Street, 946-5190
Ample parking on Beretania and Isenberg lot.

Grab a flier here:
http://annas5-0.has.it

[Edited by hanford to remove the extra characters from the subject]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-03-14 17:42 ]

Ummmm....
Hello to you too?
Are we suppose to know what state you are in?
Are we suppose to know the area code?
Are we suppose to like your "extraneous characters before or after the subject." (see house rules).
Thank you for spamming us on your first post. PolynesianPop will be grateful.

Oh, and welcome to Tiki Central.

c'mon dude, its Anna Bannana's!

the World Famous! anna bananna's ... you know that anna girl, the one that spells "banana" w/ an extra "n".

if you have to ask for directions, well ... you needn't bother showing up.

oh wait ... "Beretania Street," that's honolulu - isn't it!

SCD, you took the words right out of my mouth...

Anna Bannana's is at 2440 South Beretania Street in Honolulu, Hawaii 5-0

Hey, Hurry up, get in line now! All the Japanese tourists are aleady packing da place!

I have to say I am really shocked that you "tiki freaks" would not even recognize the area code 808 in Hawaii (you know where the tiki's come from?)

Ummmm....where's the area code? I certainly would have recognized 808. I don't think you put it in your post.

On 2003-03-15 16:17, urbanpanda wrote:
I have to say I am really shocked that you "tiki freaks" would not even recognize the area code 808 in Hawaii (you know where the tiki's come from?)

Thanks for your edification Urbane-panda, but Tiki did not come from the Hawaiian islands, but rather a bit farther South, say around Samoa and Tahiti way.

Now now now, kids, don't be quite so brash, TC is an open forum and just because it ain't (y)our style, don't judge it so harshly. Urbanpanda shows a lot of enthusiasm, and this event looks like it took quite an effort, so I congratulate her/him and wish lots of success. There is not enough of this kinda thing happening in Waikiki.

(Strictly speaking Hawaii 5-0 and Don Ho are not "Tiki", but I have decided for myself to provide gentle guidance, yes, but not claim to own the only correct way. The book shows, but many still don't get it, alas, let them be, children...)
The Tiki Lovin People

Sorry, Big Bro, but I have to say I smell cheese wiz Spring Break in disguise. Wheeew! (flashing man-chest as we speak). It's too bad...I really like Don Ho.

That's funny "Kahuna" where do you live? San Fran or something?

KK

...and I suppose you eat eucalyptus leaves while sipping on yur latte...wit yur furry paws and all...

Pages: 1 13 replies