Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lunatic Fringe Art show in PB- A few pics on page 2

Pages: 1 23 replies

This just in. Took a while to get the flyer.

As the flyer says, tiki carving, pumpkin carving, art exhibits, vending, goofing around, and general artsy-fartsy-ness. Should be a good time, so come check it out and bring the kids!

View my work @

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

Conformation is the new rebellion.

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-17 21:48 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-17 21:49 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-17 22:14 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-19 15:34 ]

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-09-23 13:01 ]

[ Edited by: billy the crud 2008-09-25 13:20 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-10-02 22:56 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-10-02 23:54 ]

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-10-15 14:52 ]

TT

Sorry I can't make it... I will be busy BEING IN AUSTRALIA!

Yeah, I know you're achin' to get home and shag some Koalas, man.

Tiki Thomas and I will be carving at this event and there's room for one more carver.

Mikey Rat will be pin-striping as well, and if you haven't seen this guys work, you're missin' out for sure.

Awesome Crudly!!! I was hoping we could all do some sort of Weirdo Autumn Carnival thing. Are we gonna bake the pumpkin seeds? Will try to get there after work.

This should be a fun little event, man. Set up by Ms Formaldehyde(Kelly), the girl that was next to me with the hair accessories at Oasis.

she's having me do another poster for it. i should be done sooooon

B

hey kids...this sounds like a must-see! I will be down there for another show that opens later so I cant wait to check it out!!!!

On 2008-09-19 20:31, tikithomas08 wrote:
she's having me do another poster for it. i should be done sooooon

"She", as in Kelly? That's cool. I like your graphics, man. Can't wait to see it. Just make sure Kelly gets a copy so she can make her hand-outs.......and put your name on this one, too!!

Hope you still have your Rat-fink-brain-tiki, because that will fit into this show really well.

BIG TOE!!! It would be GREAT to have you cruise down for this!

View my work @

Conformation is the new rebellion.

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-09-19 22:32 ]

yeah kelly. thanks dood. yyup i still have my "you finkin' what im finkin?" and i still have "idol of the jivaro" so both my remaining tikis are a perfect fit. and i still have the surfboard and a pile of paintings

yaay big toes coming!

I have 6 surf-board blanks, three tikis, and a HUGE pile of shavings. I need to get my arse in gear!

updated poster by yours truly! hope to see you SD tikiphiles there!

Holy SH*T, that's a nice flyer!!

thanks dooood!

MN

I should pop in in the early morning to check it out. Then again in the evening for the booze. I meant the art.

At least I can walk back from this one.

Eric, I'm pretty sure we can drink all day, if we want. It's PB AND it's an art gallery. If you're an artist, you can get away with EVERYTHING and you're just referred to as "eccentric". We just cant barf in front of the kids this time.

Any carvers who would like to join us at this event are welcome to, as there is plenty of room. Had there been an actual group of carvers in San Diego, this would have been a great event for them to all be involved in, but since nothing like that exists, we'll just have to wonder who's going to show.

the 11th right around the croner!

Yeah, and I'm ALMOST prepared. Got a sick dog at home with cancer and I've been trying to spend as much time with her as I can. I'll get everything banged out and varnished probably Friday night.

bummer deal, man. right on, i was hoping to have some new stuff, but apart from the new marq. ill have me leftover stuff from oasis

On 2008-10-09 13:04, tikithomas08 wrote:
bummer deal, man. right on, i was hoping to have some new stuff, but apart from the new marq. ill have me leftover stuff from oasis

That's cool,man. We're doing a show/demo at a successful art gallery and it's going to be a blast.
Here's some pics from the gallerys' past shows::

As you can see, the place is spacious, well-kept, and professional, so things should run smoothly and be a nice, pleasant enviroment for creating and showing your work.

View my work @

Rebellion is commercial enterprise

[ Edited by: Billy the Crud 2008-10-09 15:22 ]

this was a great event, bummed more tc'ers didnt show up. the gallery is awesome and i had a great time!

Very kool Gallery .

That was a good day of carving, man. Great gallery, great location, great curator. Thanks a bunch to the TC'ers who came by (you know who you are!) and thanks to the ones who thought about it. There was a LOT going on in sunny SD today, so we're lucky to have had as many visitors as we did. I went to Planet Rooth and Bar Pink and ran into Grog, got a Mai Tai and finally got my Pink Elephant, but I was done.......time to go home. I'm getting old, man!

Lunatic Fringe will happen again, for sure.

JT

Sorry I couldn't make it. Had to work all day. Any pix?

I only got a few pics. That's what I get for letting Grace take care of the camera for the day.

Pages: 1 23 replies