Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

vintage tiki torches for free!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I have a used set (sans poles) of Tiki Products tiki torches (Tahitian model #1103) that I need to find a new home for or else they are destined for the scrap heap. The torches are used but in o.k. condition. Probably the best part is the vintage packing they came in, just kinda that inimitable mid-century graphic design that some tiki nut case might love. I don't use the torches and in ten years of storing the box, my non-crafty brain has not recycled the packaging into any other than cardboard which is deteriorating in my basement. Sadly, I must jettison some of my unused ephemera. Is there anyone out that is interested in them? THEY ARE FREE for those that could pick them up (Martinez, in the East Bay) or I'll send them to you if you are just dying for such an item. They gotta go, but I just don't have the hardened heart to throw'em out. This is your chance to be a tiki savior!

[ Edited by: Shangri-lodger 2008-09-18 09:56 ]

And shipping to Hawaii is how much?? :wink:JK

Somebody better scoop these up..

Oh, that would be super nice! We could really use some tiki torches!! We live in Los Angeles; would you mind shipping them to us? We would be glad to pay for the shipping.

I will pm you with my contact information. Please let me know the best way to reimburse you.

Mahalo!
Gem

I'll Pay Pal ya a dolla for a photo.

Thanks for the replies, but please consider the thread dead because they are on their way to a loving home in the Los Angeles area. My apologies for not posting a picture (duh!), but it was just one of those ideas that come to you at work, so of course, you can take care of it right then! Nevertheless, thanks for the interest!

Thank you so much!! We have just finished our Bamboo Bar and are now ready to start on the outside areas. The tiki torches were first on our list. They will have a happy home!

T

On 2008-09-18 09:55, Shangri-lodger wrote:
I have a used set (sans poles) of Tiki Products tiki torches (Tahitian model #1103) that I need to find a new home for or else they are destined for the scrap heap. The torches are used but in o.k. condition. Probably the best part is the vintage packing they came in, just kinda that inimitable mid-century graphic design that some tiki nut case might love. I don't use the torches and in ten years of storing the box, my non-crafty brain has not recycled the packaging into any other than cardboard which is deteriorating in my basement. Sadly, I must jettison some of my unused ephemera. Is there anyone out that is interested in them? THEY ARE FREE for those that could pick them up (Martinez, in the East Bay) or I'll send them to you if you are just dying for such an item. They gotta go, but I just don't have the hardened heart to throw'em out. This is your chance to be a tiki savior!

[ Edited by: Shangri-lodger 2008-09-18 09:56 ]

'Some tiki nut case'.... from the movie: One flew over the tiki nest!

Pages: 1 6 replies