Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Dobbs House Luau

Pages: 1 10 replies

I have a chance to buy four menus (1 1940's, 3 laminated 1960's w/drinks) from Dobbs House Luau. Nice graphics. Guy wants 50 bucks. Should I take it or shake it?

Take it and sell the copies. You'll revamp your costs and who knows, you might end up getting the one you keep for free.

Basement,

I second PolyPop's thought. You'll definately make your dough back.

The stuff I have seen from Dobb's looks like they had some cool cartoony Tikis, it seems to have been quite a Tiki "power place" in it's area. Definitely get them.
(And I think they had more than one location, too...)

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki on 2003-03-15 19:38 ]

I was in Alabama this past weekend and found these Dobbs House Matches and other tiki themed matchbooks as well.

The Dobbs House also had the various locations on the side:

Dobbs house also had a location in the Miami airport. I have a swizzle stick from there.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Aug 23, 2005 5:42 PM

For the archives, a menu from Dobbs House:

Wow! VERY nice find, Mahalo for sharing.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:00 ]

B

Great menu Kono. I love seeing anything from Dobbs, being a born and raised Southern boy and all. Plus, stuff from Dobbs House seems pretty obscure and hard to find– which is wierd considering they had multuple locations.

So I was at a client's this morning and they said "You are into Tiki, right?"... then they whipped out this menu and said "why don't you take this". After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I insisted I give them some money. Needless to say, it made my day. So here is my new favorite menu:

Both sides front and back:

This one does not indiate a specific location. Could it have been from the first, before they added locations? I don't know, but that awesome Tiki on the cover, dye-cut, full color.... I love it!

They also gave me an old Kon Tiki Ports menu (with the photos of the drinks in the cool Luau mugs). I'll see if there are images of that one already posted, and if not, I'll share those.
-Duke

S

Cool. I am with you. Dobb's Luau is Tennessee Tiki, and there isn't much of that. I have had a search on Ebay for a while and not gotten a nibble. Indeed rare stuff. In fact, CriTiki does not even include Dobb's Luau for Memphis.

Pages: 1 10 replies