Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki bbq cart.

Pages: 1 2 replies

I live in a small apartment complex and therefor have a small bbq. But I just had it on a little stand that I would have to pic up and carry into the courtyard to grill. I wanted to get a stand with wheels for it, so I could wheel it out. I couldn't find and stands/carts that I liked so I came up with this solution. I picked up an tv cart at an estate sale. It was a typical 80's oak tv stand. Not exactly attractive. So, I went my local tiki store and bought some items to spiff it up.

Trimmed out in bamboo and a tiki plaque.

Each side has a handle and the right side has a bottle opener (right handed)

and I had just enough bamboo to cover the edges of the back side.

For some reason, the shark tasted so much better when it was grilled with this handy new cart!

I like it. Here's another link about tiki-fying BBQs. I need to do something with mine :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28092&forum=18

Thanks MadDog. I'm pretty happy with it. I had to go out and get a little 7 dollar saw and a staple gun (I already had hammer and nails). It's funny, being in a small apartment you don't normally need any tools. It was funny sawing bamboo on my kitchen counter. My neighbors heard all the sawing and banging.. but I kept the door closed until I was done. They were pretty amused when I finally rolled it out!

Pages: 1 2 replies