Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Old pics pg.3----Tonga Hut 50th Anniversary Party Oct. 25, 2008

Pages: 1 2 72 replies

H

Maybe I should bring a chair so I can sit with you two.

T

I saw Kirby Saturday night and he even revealed that he is picking up the chisels again . I cant wait to see his new creations .

Kirby even shaved too!

yea I wanna have him do another Painting for Me . Busty Leopard ect /

T

Oh boy! One more day until the big event!

Kirby, the pendants look awesome!

See everybody on Saturday!

K
kirby posted on Thu, Oct 23, 2008 4:22 PM

thanks...tobunga, isnt it 2 days away?

T

Er, yer right Kirby... two days... I'm going to the new Beverly Hills Luau tomorrow night, so I'm getting my days that I'm doing cool tiki things confused...

Anyway, Tonga Hut, Saturday Nite... I'll be there AND be square!

T

OK, now it's really a day away, and I'm so excited!!! Can't wait until tomorrow nite!!!

i will be there early. i anticipate the place to be packed, wall to wall, so i am gonna get my fix before the meat gets packed in. hopefully will see some folks there.
Happy 50th Tonga!

OceaOtica, how early is "early", Noon?

K
kirby posted on Fri, Oct 24, 2008 9:02 AM

THose photos are priceless! The interesting thing is that it has changed little. Many of the decor items in the photos are still there!!!! And after an evening of $3 happy hour well drinks, you start seeing people like that

On 2008-10-24 08:28, TikiMango wrote:
OceaOtica, how early is "early", Noon?

not too early to start drinking by any means, being unemployed drinking can start as early as i wake, if i was working i would at least wait till 9am after coffee and morning greetings.
I will probably try to get to the Tonga Hut early evening. How about you, on both accounts?

S

Have a great time - wish I could be there!

Suzanne

I will probably try to get to the Tonga Hut early evening. How about you, on both accounts?

When I'm camping there are no rules, so a liquid breakfast is the norm. Other times, it seems like 10-11am is a good rule of thumb. I'm trying to get to The Hut no later than 8pm.

K
kirby posted on Sat, Oct 25, 2008 5:20 PM

bump it up kiddies..lets do this...

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 25, 2008 6:39 PM

GROG be there about 8:00.

WoooooooHoooooooooo!!!

When the crypt goes creak,
And the tombstones quake.
Spooks come out for a swinging wake.
Happy haunts materialize,
And begin to vocalize.
Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize.

Now don't close your eyes,
And don't try to hide.
Or a silly spook may sit by your side.
Shrouded in a daft disguise,
They pretend to terrorize.

As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree,
Spooks arrive for the midnight spree.
Creepy creeps with eerie eyes,
Start to shriek and harmonize.

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell,
Weird glows gleam where spirits dwell.
Restless bones etherialize,
Rise as spooks of every size.

If you would like to join our jamboree,
There's a simple rule that's compulsory.
Mortals pay a token fee.
Rest in peace, the haunting's free.
So hurry back, we would like your company.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Oct 25, 2008 6:57 PM

Squid's debuting Uncle Shrunkle at the Tonga Hut tonight. Just in time for Halloween.

On 2008-10-25 18:57, GROG wrote:
Squid's debuting Uncle Shrunkle at the Tonga Hut tonight. Just in time for Halloween.

Credit cards accepted or cash only???

Mahalo to Grog, The Tonga Hut Ohana, and EVERYONE else who helped to put this Anniversary Party together. Although Soccertiki and I vanished (no pun intended) early in the evening we had a great time. The Tonga Hut was packed when we left :)

Good to see folks, it was a fun time. Got there at 7:30. worked my way through too many zombies. Kirby and TikiG, both of your pendants are great, woke up with them on. Squid, the bowl really is a beauty, works quite nicely, though i think we went a little overboard with three Tonga Hut Zombies in there. See you at the 100th anniversary!

Happy Birthday Tonga Hut! :)

Aloha! The Tonga Hut bash was a BASH! I had a blast! Thanks to Hiphipahula for draggin my butt out...love you. The old pics posted by Grog are amazing, I was looking for my Mom in there..ha! Take care everyond and thanks for the good time :)

---------> tiki butt (aka:jon)

TH

On 2008-10-17 10:18, OceaOtica wrote:
Grog,
Thanks for sharing these pics! When i first started going there, before Jeremy took over ownership (might have been a couple of owners back) I was trying to find out more info about the bar. Not many answers, except from the gal who is still a regular from way back (blanking on her name, but Grog you probably know who I am talking about). Are any of the ladies in these photos her?

Yes, as a matter of fact this is "Dottie" Dorothy E. Raub September 5, 1922 February 1, 2010
We are not sure who else is in this photo Perhaps her husband John maybe her son Mike next to her, we have only seen Mike as he his today in his 60's and it does look like it could be him.

Pages: 1 2 72 replies