Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

ON AGAIN!! Set Sail at Hukilau 2009 Updated!!

Pages: 1 26 replies

Aloha Hukilau Villagers!

It's official - Hukilau June 11 - 14, 2009 TheHukilau.com

With the survival of The Hukilau and the Mai-Kai, Hukilau 2009 is sure to be one of the most celebrated years ever for the World's Most Intimate Tiki Event!! Read below for this special pre-sell of a three hour tour aboard the Tikki Beach Boat!!

Set sail on a voyage through the Venice of America as we bring back one of the most memorable moments (we sailed the Tikki Beach in 2004) in Hukilau's 7 year history - a Three Hour Tour aboard the Tikki Beach with an exclusive performance by the Stolen Idols!!!

Three Hour Tour 2009 (Cruise FAQ's below)
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS!
LIMITED TO 150 PEOPLE
Sets sail 6:00pm Friday, June 12, 2009
(time of departure subject to change - later, not earlier)
CLICK HERE FOR THE TIKKI BEACH SLIDESHOW!
$80 PER PERSON
(tickets are non-refundable but are transferable)
That might seem like alot to you but here's what you get:
An authentic Mai-Kai Rum Punch cocktail - complimentary as you board
A 3 Hour Tour of the inter coastal waterways of Fort Lauderdale, better known as the "Venice of America"
Complimentary appetizers and Polynesian delights
A "Cruise Only" Hukilau keepsake
An exclusive performance by the Exotica band "Stolen Idols"
One of the lucky 150 to enjoy this experience with the 'ohana!

The Hukilau 2009 website will go live in early November with all the weekend details but here's what you can expect!
*A 3 Hour Cruise Aboard the Tikki Beach Boat
*An Unforgettable Evening at the Historic Mai-Kai Restaurant
*1st Ever Hukilau Room Crawl
*An Exclusive Pendant made by Tiki Tony
*A Entirely New Experience from Jeff "Beachbum" Berry
*Intoxicating Rythms
*Take Home Tiki Treasures
THE WORLD'S MOST INTIMATE TIKI CELEBRATION!   

CRUISE FAQ's
*When is the cruise? 3:30pm on June 12, 2009 - we dock at the Bahia Mar (beside the Bahia Cabana)
*What do we wear? Your favorite Aloha wear!
*Why are we pre-selling? We must pay a deposit on the boat and make payment in full prior to December to secure our date!!
*Can I bring my own Tiki mug aboard? Sure! But not those over the top king sized ones! Each cocktail will be poured in the same fashion as in a normal cocktail cup that is served aboard the boat - want it filled? - simply pay for 2.
*Will you have another cruise throughout the weekend? It's unlikely but a possibility - don't wait to purchase in hopes of this though!!
*Will their be Polynesian Cocktails available aboard? The Tikki Beach will serve one authentic Polynesian Cocktail which will be chosen by Tiki Kiliki. You can purchase mixed drinks, beer, wine and sodas aboard a la carte.
*Who are the Stolen Idols!? An incredible Exotica band from Tampa, FL. You can heard 3 tracks on the Hukilau website or visit Stolen Idols!!!

Bring your own Tiki mug, your sense of adventure, your cameras, vintage swimsuits (there's a hot tub aboard!!) and don't miss this trip of a lifetime!!

Don't wait!! Purchase now!!
We'll see you in June 2009!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2009-01-21 07:46 ]

:o

:o :o :o

:wink:

S

WHOA! :D:D:D

T

Cruise the waterways of the rich and foreclosed..

I don't think that's necessarily in the spirit of it all Tikilale....

It will be a great trip and we'll get to see the older homes of Lucille Ball and other celebs!!

Thanks for those that have already purchased your tickets!! We are well on our way to making this such an amazing trip!!

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The Hukilau

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2008-09-22 13:17 ]

Thanks, Christie!

Looking forward to another fantastic event again next year.

Zulu

In!

Thanks TK - sounds like a really good time.

It's kinda nice to think about next summer as fall descends upon us...

T

:o Thanks Christie, just got our tickets and we're in. Hopefully the weather will be great and everything will go as planned. 8) And this time we'll have a :drink: together and just don't do a cannonball into the hot tub! :lol: See you then and thanks again. :D

[Over the hill and scraping my way up the other side, but I'll be damned if I'm going down with out a fight!]

MYSPACE

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-23 01:43 ]

Oh cool! I'll finally get to go to the Hukilau! I'm going to request the time off from work the moment I get in to work tomorrow. :sheckymug: :music:

3 Hour Tour? This reminds me of the theme to Gilligan's Island. Ha ha

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.

The mate was a mighty sailing man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
********for a three hour tour.
a three hour tour.

The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost,
the Minnow would be lost.

The ship took ground on the shore of this
uncharted desert isle,
with Giligan, the skipper too,
The millionaire, and his wife,
The movie star,
The professor, and MaryAnn,
here on Gilligan's Isle.

So this is the tale of our castaways,
they're here for a long, long time.
They'll have to make the best of things,
it's an uphill climb.

The first mate, and his skipper too,
will do their very best
to make the others comfortable
in this tropic island nest.

No Phones, No lights, No Motorcars,
Not a single luxury.
Like Robinson Crusoe
It's primitive as can be.

So join us here each week, my friend,
you're sure to get a smile,
from seven stranded castaways,
Here on Gilligan's Isle!

Just bought our tickets!

I did it!

I'll be there!

I'm finally going!

Everyone remember to wear sunscreen. Ladies, you may want to bring a parasol or other fashionable shade device..... you will not only be sailing through the Venice of America, you will be sailing under the South Florida Sun. The view (and company) will be amazing! The possible sunburn will make the rest of your weekend miserable.

Yes you will be sailing through the Venice of America....AND...the South Florida sun. Listen to Chip and Andy, and me as a former resident. The sun is very warm and frightening if you don't take precautions. As we do every year on our website, we encourage you to wear your sunscreen, sunglasses, beach hats and yes, bring those beautiful parasols while sailing the 3 hour cruise.

Also, there is a lower deck with lots of seating for those that can't handle the sun for too long. That's most likely where I will be!

P

Thanks Tiki Kiliki...I got the boat and room booked...can't wait for some grog

aloha

Got my tickets. Can't wait. Me and Mrs. Gooneybird will be coming down from Nashville.

TF

That cruise looks AWESOME!!!! I may have to travel east this year.

O

Ooh a cruise!?!
...but aren't you worried about Pirates??

And WHAT do ye have against Pirates ya scurvy bilge-diver! We plunderers of the south pacific and French gold ships we legendary drinkers of rum and, I daresay, the first "polynesiacs" to follow in Cooks wake. There best not be a plank upon yon Tiki cruise are ya might find yerself at the point of a cutlass and a date with Davey Jones!

T

On 2008-10-02 08:42, otikiniko wrote:
Ooh a cruise!?!
...but aren't you worried about Pirates??

I'd be more worried about the whole 3 hour tour thing... little buddy....
(had to get the Gilligan reference in there...)

Hukilau should be yet another blast!
Cheers!
Brian

UPDATE!!!!!!!

The time for the cruise has now been set to 6:00pm. Don't worry though, entertainment landside will not begin until 8pm and we will still get another set from the band that starts out the night once we return.

Many mahalos for those of you that have purchased tickets!!!!

CJ

what hotel is everyone staying at?

One of the hotels is the Bahia Cabana. All details for hotels, performers, seminars, workshops, etc. will be announced November 10th as the official site goes live!!!

Aloha Hukilau Villagers!

Yes, there was a chance that we were going to have to cancel the cruise due to the economy. However, it is now back and we're ready to sell it out!! We have 60 tickets remaining which will go quickly, we've had several of you email wanting to purchase tickets so let's do it!

Visit the site right away in order to buy your tickets now - truly one of my memorable moments of Hukilau's 7 year history. http://www.TheHukilau.com

Who knows, there's a rumor that Billy Mure wants to make the trip and bring along his banjo - as he says "it's one of his favorite memories!!"

K

So PLEASE tell me we'll be able to get back in time from the Beachbum Berry Seminar to catch the cruise!
We planned on both events.
Otherwise we'll have to paddle a canoe over to the cruise boat!

On 2008-10-28 16:56, tiki_kiliki wrote:
UPDATE!!!!!!!

The time for the cruise has now been set to 6:00pm. Don't worry though, entertainment landside will not begin until 8pm and we will still get another set from the band that starts out the night once we return.

Many mahalos for those of you that have purchased tickets!!!!

We have fliers and ads!

Help us spread the word by posting on your Web sites, Myspace or Facebook. We'll host the images, just link 'em up. Here are some various other sizes:
http://www.slammie.com/hukilau/fliers/
Scroll to the bottom for sample code if you're unsure how to post.

We also have thousands of printed fliers to pass out. If you think you can help out - especially if you live in Florida, send a personal message or e-mail [email protected] and I'll hook you up.

Posters coming soon!

Pages: 1 26 replies