Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: PNG GABLE CARVING from an Estate sale

Pages: 1 20 replies

Aloha,

So, I didn't want to sell it but, take a look.

PNG ART

Here's my List

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:03 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:04 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:06 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:07 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:10 ]

AWESOME?
What's the difference between the Menehune footed compote you're selling and this one here? I mean aside from the obvious price difference.

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2008-09-25 14:46 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:12 ]

J

On 2008-09-25 14:45, AlienTiki wrote:
AWESOME?
What's the difference between the Menehune footed compote you're selling and this one here? I mean aside from the obvious price difference.

[ Edited by: AlienTiki 2008-09-25 14:46 ]

There actually IS a difference. The one Fil is selling has cold painting on the white areas, like the ones Holden sold about 18 months ago. The one in your link, does not have the cold paint, it is simply glazed, like the one I bought at the Trader Vic's Warehouse Sale six months ago. Since the ones without the cold paint are readily available on TV's website, I would suspect that the one Fil is selling is much less common and therefore worth more.

I can't believe I have never seen a green Tiki Bob,

On 2008-09-26 10:31, Unga Bunga wrote:
I can't believe I have never seen a green Tiki Bob,

sorry to hijack but: a very differently glazed Green Bob.

good luck with your sales Fil! (got any vintage dresses or tapa jackets? that's what im buying lately)

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:13 ]

Hey there, some nice items!

Now the green Tiki Bob is just a hobbyist mug isn't it? There are no markings on it is there and nothing on the base? Usually these mugs are a little smaller than the originals also. Probably not from Tiki Bob's just copied by someone who wanted to make their own. Still a neat item though.

Aloha Filslash:

Did you measure? What is the actually height of the tiki?

V
virani posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 8:03 AM

very nice items Fil, as usual. Funny I found that same kind of green tiki bob when I visited Oahu.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:14 ]

Ignore the stuff from above as that was talk about a different set of auctions. BTW, I did sell those items for the price i expected. I got some more special stuff to sell so please watch my thread if interested in high quality and not quanity.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-11-17 18:18 ]

Aloha

man, sorry you have to let that go, if i wasn't so broke i would go after it in a heartbeat. I did, however, save the images, may make a mug of it someday, if i do, the first one goes to you for having to lose that cherished piece.

Aloha,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

On 2008-11-17 19:06, OceaOtica wrote:
man, sorry you have to let that go, if i wasn't so broke i would go after it in a heartbeat. I did, however, save the images, may make a mug of it someday, if i do, the first one goes to you for having to lose that cherished piece.

Quick reminder!

Bump

Pages: 1 20 replies