Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Obama finally meets with the Tiki Crowd!

Pages: 1 19 replies

...and by "crowd" I mean this one guy. I believe I saw Otto wearing this style at TO8. Maybe it's his dad?

New Title: Obama finally meets Otto's dad!

Obama joins our ohana!

Obama was born in a Tiki country .
Those of us who were , will always be Tiki .
It is our birthright .

M

He is currently residing in Chicago. I wonder if he's ever been to Hala Kahiki or to Chef Shangri-La?

P

I saw Obama dancing with Formikahini at Hukilau.

He had a Fink Daddy makau around his neck and a Rum Barrel in each hand.

He kept screaming "OKONKULUKU!!!" until the music stopped and then he hopped into a limo and sped off to a fundraiser with a hall full of pharma-reps.

McCain knows a thing or two about bamboo.
So he's tiki too.

No matter who wins - it's tiki time.

On 2008-09-24 19:49, MNZombie wrote:
He is currently residing in Chicago. I wonder if he's ever been to Hala Kahiki or to Chef Shangri-La?

..i seriously doubt obama is even remotely "with it" enough to even consider setting foot in hala kahiki or the chef....i'll bet dimes to nickels he doesn't even know they exist....besides, he'd probably have both places closed down immediately for not being politically correct in their portrayal of various native and tribal art that abounds......he may have been born in hawaii...but he's no friend of tiki.

..wow....maybe i was wrong about him!!

T

Our next president

On 2008-09-25 15:08, tikihai wrote:

Our next president

..not sure what you mean...i don't see McCain anywhere in this photo...perhaps you made a mistake and posted the wrong photo??

S

I'm not gonna say who I am supporting . I hope others will follow suit . Let's keep politics OUT of Tiki .

i agree.....no one is interested in who you, me or anyone else is voting for.....

.....i think the original poster was probably thinking more along the lines of this:

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-09-25 20:12 ]

T

On 2008-09-25 18:38, sushiman wrote:
I'm not gonna say who I am supporting . I hope others will follow suit . Let's keep politics OUT of Tiki .

"""""""""""""""""""""""""
Supporting.... Seems like you got carried away in your wording!

On 2008-09-25 20:11, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

i agree.....no one is interested in who you, me or anyone else is voting for.....

.....i think the original poster was probably thinking more along the lines of this:

LOL.

Biden: Television was around in 1929. LOL

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-09-25 20:12 ]

Tipsy said " i agree.....no one is interested in who you, me or anyone else is voting for.....

.....i think the original poster was probably thinking more along the lines of this:"

answer: WRONG.

Despite the inappropriate poster copied from a frighteningly partisan website, my original post was one of levity, fun, and for the RARE sake of seeing a candidate meeting with some guy wearing a popular Hawaiian/Tiki shirt. Johnny Dollar had the right idea- keep it fun, give them both a mug, or keep the partisan hatred out of it.

On 2008-09-25 23:11, Tiki Joe's Pop wrote:
Tipsy said " i agree.....no one is interested in who you, me or anyone else is voting for.....

.....i think the original poster was probably thinking more along the lines of this:"

answer: WRONG.

Despite the inappropriate poster copied from a frighteningly partisan website, my original post was one of levity, fun, and for the RARE sake of seeing a candidate meeting with some guy wearing a popular Hawaiian/Tiki shirt. Johnny Dollar had the right idea- keep it fun, give them both a mug, or keep the partisan hatred out of it.

...sorry for hijacking your thread with my posts....i posted the obama island pic with an attitude of "fun" in mind....i didn't think it inappropriate or partisan considering it has an island/tiki connotation..regardless of the website i pulled it from....

..i never underestimate the intelligence nor the sense of humor of many of the members here on tiki central and i know that most of them viewing this post got the joke...unfortunately, some didn't.

again, sorry for the hijack....had i known you were such and angry person i wouldn't have posted it...

Please Americans...go to war with each other. You cannot make amends with each other. Doesn't Civil War 2 have a nice ring to it? There is no grey. Only red and blue states.

We (Canada) will come in afterward and get us some new provinces. I've always liked California.

On 2008-09-26 08:18, Slacks Ferret wrote:

We (Canada) will come in afterward and get us some new provinces. I've always liked California.

PLEASE!!! Come get us!

:P

Just scoop up the 'koolkids' everything will turn out alright!

koolkids © 2008

Pages: 1 19 replies