Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Lauhala matting

Pages: 1 9 replies

Can anybody advise where I can get Lauhala matting in the UK? I can't find anywhere. I've tried to get shipping costs from the USA, but that's expensive.

Cheers

V

I'm also looking for some.

Cheekytiki apparently got some from a distributor, but I don't know if it's available now...

These tragic posts are a sobering thought for us in California. Please think twice from now on when you waste lahala mat like we typically do here in California. When we so carelessly throw away the last 20 yards or so of the roll because "There's no use keeping it, we will just get more when we need it." or any of the 50 different ways we waste it, remember there are poor blokes in England and France with none.

Have you tried Philippine Village Imports they were the company that supplied South Pacific London with there Bamboo furniture. Or you can visit their 3 acre shop at..

Philippine Craft Centre
The Camp
Brookland, Kent
TN29 9TF
United Kingdom

On 2008-09-25 08:42, atomictonytiki wrote:
Have you tried Philippine Village Imports they were the company that supplied South Pacific London with there Bamboo furniture. Or you can visit their 3 acre shop at..

Philippine Craft Centre
The Camp
Brookland, Kent
TN29 9TF
United Kingdom

Thanks ATT, I have spoken to them and they are preparing a quote for me now. I'll let you all know how much they are charging.

Mahalo

V

thanks.
Yes, please let us know. I think we are a bunch here in Europe that might be interested if it's not too expensive.
And I only need a few to cover my walls, so is someone have too much Lauhala, don't hesitate to send it to me :)

I tried Philippine Imports and they were very helpful and were sorting out some pricing for me. However, I managed to get hold of the Cheekytiki's and they have some in stock, so I bought some from them. Now I can start.............

Hi just to add to this i'm lokking for the same and know two others in need of matting!!

Let us now how your quote turned out and if possible what you got from chikitiki - do they have anymore??

T
twitch posted on Tue, Oct 7, 2008 9:49 AM

ALSO VANCOUVER BC!

I've combed everywhere I could think and can't find it anywhere here (I think it's also known as bac bac matting?). Used to find it in small placemats but even those are extinct.
Cathay Imports in Chinatown has an entire back room decked out in the stuff (from many years back, and it is a nice looking room - wondering if a restaurant used to be there), but they don't sell it - only the usual small-weave stuff, like everyone else does.
Any leads for hands-on buying would be great (I'm not in the financial position for shipping charges!).

...AKA "Thirstin' Haole the 3rd"

[ Edited by: twitch 2008-10-07 09:50 ]

Yes we have plenty of Lauhala in stock at the moment 8x4 ft and 10x8ft, as well as different bamboo mattings and weaves, plus a whole pile of 6m long black bamboo poles that arrived today.
Call us to let us know what you want 0207 2410742

Pages: 1 9 replies