Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra Oct 18th at Bahooka - F R E E ! ! !

Pages: 1 46 replies

T

Aloha TC Ohana,

Sorry to double post this, but in case you didn't read the Crazy Al Thread "Crazy Mugs and More", The Tikiyaki Orchestra will be doing a special performance for everyone's favorite Tiki personality and uber talented carver/artist Crazy Al.

Come see the amazing art, mugs and carvings of Crazy Al, sword and fire dancing by Tehani, and a set of fine exotica, Tikiyaki style, as we all bask in the glow of the MANY fish tanks in Bahooka.

Artist reception and party: Saturday, Oct. 18, 2008: 7 pm – 11 pm.
Bahooka Restaurant
4501 Rosemead Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770
For dinner reservations call (626) 285-1241

Sales start at 7:00PM.
Lighting ceremony at 8:30PM
Tikiyaki Orchestra performance shortly after.

Be there, or risk an evil hex by Witchdoctor Al :o

Support your local Tiki Establishment : They're ALL on the endangered species list

Free Tikiyaki! I'll take two!!

Wouldn't miss it! See ya there!!!

D

Joe Banks,
You have to be there or it will ruin your perfect attendance record! Oh and Marty Lush wanted me to tell everyone Thanks for the kind words on the Squid Roast and he will there cocktail in hand and mallets in the other on the 18th.

JB

Oh, I'll be there....camera gear and all. (These documentaries don't document themselves!)

I will be in the house....errrr uhhh on the floor!!!

JB

Marty Lush!! The King of Cheese!!!

On 2008-09-25 20:41, Joe Banks wrote:
Marty Lush!! The King of Cheese!!!

Wastin away again in Velveetaville.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 25, 2008 10:34 PM

What? Tikiyaki Orchestra AGAIN?!! GROG just heard them LAST week! You couldn't get The Hula Girl's C'Al?

One word; Global Warming.

Everyone should be thinking GREEN these days. Here's an easy way if you haven't (or even if you have): put $10 less in your gas tank during that week and donate to CFC-free Tikiyaki.

Just doesn't seem fair that we've these talented guys so many times for free...

Another better way to comat global warming is for everyone to mix a Mai Tai at once. The effect fo the crushed ice will show an immediate cooling trend.

We'll crush some ice on this side of the continent too to help out with this global warming stuff...

Cheers!
Brian
The Intoxicators!

[ Edited by: tikigoob 2008-10-01 04:03 ]

Ah poo it's the same night as Hillbilly Fest, I cant make it. Sorry other wise I would be there! But the hillbilly in me must go to the ozarks. That and the fact that we booked hillbilly fest. I have dreamed of it all year, with the bobbing for dentures in creamed corn, Pickled eggs, purdy girles with blacked out teeth and all the dave And Deke I can take. Oh and the prizes. But I wish you tons of fun and lots of cocktails too!

S
squid posted on Fri, Sep 26, 2008 2:42 PM

On 2008-09-26 11:47, tiki-a-fair wrote:
Ah poo it's the same night as Hillbilly Fest.

Tell me about it! This totally kills my chance to get $1.00 missing tooth discount at Hillbilly Fest. Enjoy it for me and say "howdy" to Dave n Deke...

CA

On 2008-09-26 10:40, Daves Not Home wrote:
One word; Global Warming.

Everyone should be thinking GREEN these days. Here's an easy way if you haven't (or even if you have): put $10 less in your gas tank during that week and donate to CFC-free Tikiyaki.

Just doesn't seem fair that we've these talented guys so many times for free...

oh it ain't free........ hope the boys make it worth the trip to Rosemead, as i know they will!!! expensive mutha's... worth every penny!!

On 2008-09-26 14:42, squid wrote:

Ah poo it's the same night as Hillbilly Fest.

Tell me about it! This totally kills my chance to get $1.00 missing tooth discount at Hillbilly Fest. Enjoy it for me and say "howdy" to Dave n Deke...

I told Jeff it's the same day, he was so bummed. We will miss you so much. Any chance you can get out early from the show? It's most certainly worth trying. I truthfully can say, I havent been to a show quite as crazy or as fun as hillbilly fest. I am getting my hillbilly dud's ready for it as we speak. It was pretty crazy. Well I will shed a tear for you! At least it's October and you can still go around with a missing tooth and get away with it.

C

Ah poo it's the same night as Hillbilly Fest, I cant make it. Sorry other wise I would be there! But the hillbilly in me must go to the ozarks. That and the fact that we booked hillbilly fest. I have dreamed of it all year, with the bobbing for dentures in creamed corn, Pickled eggs, purdy girles with blacked out teeth and all the dave And Deke I can take. Oh and the prizes. But I wish you tons of fun and lots of cocktails too!

Having attended last year's Hillbilly Fest I can vouch that the aroma of a freshly tipped-over tub of creamed corn is one that doesn't leave your olfactory senses any time soon. But with that said, I've already got plans to attend HF again but will try to work my evening to swing by Bahooka first and make both.

S

On 2008-09-26 10:49, Marty Lush wrote:
Another better way to comat global warming is for everyone to mix a Mai Tai at once. The effect fo the crushed ice will show an immediate cooling trend.

It's Marty Lush!

Mr. Lush, if I mix a Mai Tai for you, will you drink it for me? I want to save the world. I know you can help!

Suzanne

another way to combat global warming is to car pool to the Bahooka event,
also because that parking lot is going to fill up fast.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-09-26 16:57, congawa wrote:

Having attended last year's Hillbilly Fest I can vouch that the aroma of a freshly tipped-over tub of creamed corn is one that doesn't leave your olfactory senses any time soon. But with that said, I've already got plans to attend HF again but will try to work my evening to swing by Bahooka first and make both.

I am so glad you are going to come to Hillbilly fest. I will be posting info on that as soon as the band line up is available. That corn tipping over was that girls own fault, I saw the video and she tried to do a handstand in it. But she volunteered to bob for dentures in cream corn all on her own. She even had corn in her bra. All in all it's a such a fun night.

Oh by the way I posted all the brunch shows, your's included, check it out and please leave a comment.

T

So, who else is coming to this great event ?

Crazy Al, Tikiyaki, Fire Dancing, Bahooka....

Gonna be a Blast !

I'm bummed that I'm gonna miss this one...some good friends are getting married that day! I tried to get them to move the reception to the Bahooka, but no go. Party poopers. Someone have a Bahooka style Navy Grog for me. You kids all have a good time...remember, if you get to Rosemead early you can always...um..um..nevermind. There's nothing to do if you get there early. Although there are some Tiki-style apartment buildings a bit further south on Rosemead Blvd in Pico Rivera. Have fun and take lots of pictures!

I think I posted in the other thread there is 5 or 6 other things going on that night.
but I would not miss this for anything.
can't wait.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

With all due respect to the other events going on that night, this thread is for THIS event. So, let's keep it on topic if posible. :)

T

wellfugimgoing......Got to. I love looking at Als work . Its so original and different . Before I die , I wanna get inside his head and see the way he does . All artists see something that isnt there but Al pushes the envelope . Plus I love the orchestra as well . Im suprised how many times I pull out that CD to listen again. Any word on a sequel album so we can listen to back to back CD's ? There is too much talent there to keep it all to yourselves .

T

Mucho Mahalos Ray..yea that C'Al is a talented freak indeed. And a great showman to boot.

Tikiyaki Album # 2 is well underway and we're looking at a spring release...just in time for Tiki Season, I might add.

Looking at releasing a single...well, not in the tradtional sense...y'know, a song or 2 for internet listening/downloading in the near future...stay tooned !

BTW...that Tiki you carved for that place we're not supposed to talk about in B_______ H____

I caught a sneak peek at it.

NICELY done !

CJ

I'll be there with my lady hanging out with our old friend Rufus.

PS..Does anyone know what's in the grenade with the pin pulled?

SoccerTiki and I can't wait :)

On 2008-09-30 16:48, tikiyaki wrote:
With all due respect to the other events going on that night, this thread is for THIS event. So, let's keep it on topic if posible. :)

with all due respect I never mentioned in this thread or the other one,
what or where the other events were. so chill out brudda.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-09-30 21:29, bigtikidude wrote:

On 2008-09-30 16:48, tikiyaki wrote:

with all due respect I never mentioned in this thread or the other one,
what or where the other events were. so chill out brudda.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I know that Jeff. :)

Sorry Jim,
I'm a little Punchy from being attacked in a PM from a certain cave man.

its all cool man,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

LOL...the fight continues.

No worries, big guy !

We'll be there and are really looking forward to it. Crazy Al, the Tikiyaki Orchestra, and my first visit to Bahooka - wouldn't miss this for the world!

Tikiyaki Jim, I told you we'd catch you next time you played!

Terra

Swangulo
Tikis by Big Mike

T

On 2008-10-01 08:57, Swangulo Tikis wrote:
We'll be there and are really looking forward to it. Crazy Al, the Tikiyaki Orchestra, and my first visit to Bahooka - wouldn't miss this for the world!

Tikiyaki Jim, I told you we'd catch you next time you played!

Terra

Swangulo
Tikis by Big Mike

Thanx Mike...

BTW, I've addressed the last situation with the people at "the establishment". I was really not happy with the way they handled (or DIDN'T handle things) at that show.

Look forward to seeing you at Bahooks !

I will definitely be there with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes!
I am putting together a shuttle from the Light gallery that will hold 10 people
equipped with frig ,plasma TV and sound system .It will be leaving from the
Costa Mesa area picking people up on the way or can meet at a specific location.
$25 per person round trip,and beer will be supplied.You are welcome to bring your
own booze aboard as well.I have space for 10-11 people.This will be a blast because
there is standing room unlike a limo.
WHO'S in ????

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2008-10-02 19:23 ]

TM

I am really excited about hearing the next T.O. CD. I don't know how it's possible to top the first one, but if anyone can, it's Jim Tikiyaki!

Hey all,

I am planning on attending this fine event, but I dont want to drive all the way back home afterwards, anyone know of any cheap motels or hotels close to bahooka?

S

Next wknd!

[ Edited by: suzanne 2008-10-11 11:33 ]

ill try my best to be there. even if its only for a quick drink

Me and the missus are rolling in the coupe. I think I am helping set up.

I have space for 10 people to shuttle to the Bahooka round trip this Sat.
OC people chime in ASAP.If I don't get enough people to fill the
shuttle I will have to cancel.Let me know.
Mahalo,
Trader Bill

Me amd my woman will be there!! Looking forward to it.

This just in...
The Hula Girls are gonna be opening the show for the Tikiyaki Orchestra. We play promptly at 8, so be sure to get there on the early side...
It's been a long time since I've been to the Bahooka. Can't wait to go back...

Yes ! Hula Girls !

Bahooka Ribs and Flaming drinks, , Crazy Al Tikis , Firedancing, Hula Girls and Tikiyaki.....what more can you ask for ?

The world's greatest exotica band + the world's greatest Tikibilly band plus Crazy Al? Count me in!

E

Im bummed I cannot be there for this show, C'Al def has some mad skills!!

Not to mention the Tikiyaki Orchestra. I bet with a name like that those guys could hold their liquor? Their tunes have been in constant rotation at the galleries late nighters.. for the post afterhours set eh..pop the disk in and watch the ladies closthes come off

hugs & kisses..
Stvn

[ Edited by: ETseven 2008-10-17 22:21 ]

On 2008-10-14 11:19, tikiyaki wrote:
Yes ! Hula Girls !

Bahooka Ribs and Flaming drinks, , Crazy Al Tikis , Firedancing, Hula Girls and Tikiyaki.....

what more can you ask for ?

Free Booze, and easy Women?
hey you asked,
I'm just sayin'
:wink:

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-10-14 21:04 ]

Pages: 1 46 replies