Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Martiki & Weird Uncle Tiki on Pirate Cat Radio Oct. 4th.

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

My buddy Mike has a radio show on Pirate Cat Radio every Saturday from 4-6pm pst. Every week he has different themes and different guests. This coming Saturday is going to be a Tiki themed show featuring Martin from Forbidden Island and Judd from The Mai Kai Gents.

If you're in LA or San Francisco, you'll find the show on 87.9.

Anywhere else in the world you can listen online here:
http://www.piratecatradio.com/

Thanx for checking it out.

-Jason

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2008-09-28 08:14 ]

That's great! Will they allow an "in-studio audience"?!

T

On 2008-09-28 09:14, Haole'akamai wrote:
That's great! Will they allow an "in-studio audience"?!

They don't allow an "in-studio audience", but the radio station is located in a cafe. Grab a cup of java and watch Judd & Martin like monkeys in the zoo.

T

bump

So, what's the deal now? I'm going to be on the radio today? Cool!

-Weird Unc

On 2008-10-04 11:36, weirduncletiki wrote:
So, what's the deal now? I'm going to be on the radio today? Cool!

-Weird Unc

Yep, apparently in only a coupla hours...

Way to go guys!. Jud, you are all class baby!

On 2008-10-04 20:03, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Way to go guys!. Jud, you are all class baby!

Indeed, not like that gutter-talk spewing Martiki! Just kidding, gang. (Thanks, Danny)

It was a pleasure to share a studio with such a fine and eloquent orator. Mike was a swell host, too. If any of youse would like to hear the show in its entirety, click here: http://www.nerdnetworks.org/pcr/UncleMike-20081004.mp3

Warning for those at work: The clip begins with some loud punk music, so have your volume down or you may startle folks. Have a listen and discover the deep secrets behind the formation of The Maikai Gents Featuring The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa, the sordid tale of how Martiki found tiki and... King Kukulele gets what he deserves!!!! Enjoy!

-Weird Unc

Really great interview and the music was fantastic, too. I'm gonna have to punch King Kukulele in the arm for standing you up, Mr. Grogg... then give him a big hug & kiss for standing you up.

:D

On 2008-10-07 15:06, Haole'akamai wrote:
... I'm gonna have to punch King Kukulele in the arm for standing you up, Mr. Grogg... then give him a big hug & kiss for standing you up.

:D

Well, that is just the sweetest threat of violence anyone has ever offered on my behalf. Thanks so much for the warm 'n fuzzies!

-Weird Unc

p.s. I'm sure King K would appreciate the follow-up after the punch!

Pages: 1 11 replies