Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Free rockabilly shows for October every Sunday starting at noon now at the Redwood Bar & Grill

Pages: 1 12 replies

Free brunch shows every Sunday, starting at noon and They are all ages, we have brunch available with a full bar. The music ranges from rockabilly, hillbilly swing, country & hula/Hawaiian (Exotiki on the 26th) Hillbilly DJ Jeff W is there as well playing some mighty fine tunes for your drinking and dancing pleasure. All shows are free except where noted. And even then if there is a charge to get in they are pretty darn cheap. As well all the shows start at noon and go till 4PM unless other wise noted.

If you need any feedback regarding the brunch shows, just ask Atomikitty, Squid, Grog, or Big tiki Dude. I am sure they would be more then happy to tell you how much fun they have had at the brunch shows.

Well you might as well know that Safari Sam's is in the process of moving, the move will have to include them building a kitchen in the new location so instead of loosing the brunch completely it will moved and carried on at The Redwood Bar & Grill in Los Angeles until further notice. This is the reason for the canceled brunch on the 12th but the Oct 26th show with Exotiki will go on at The Redwood Bar.

OCTOBER 12TH
There will be no brunch THIS SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELED FOR THIS SUNDAY,SORRY

OCTOBER 19th (CANCELED) Sorry
Amy Farris
David Serby
Dead Rock West
The Hollow Trees

OCTOBER 26TH (This show will go till 5:30)
Hillbilly DJ Jeff W's Birthday Bash
Exotiki (a member here on tiki Central(Dartin Menny) and very good
The Lucky Stars
The Royal Deuces
Captain Jeffrey & The Chumbuckets

The Redwood Bar
448 W 2nd street
Los Angeles, Ca 90012

For more info on these shows please visit our brunch myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/samsbrunchfoodmusic (this will be the redwood brunch page soon but the info will be for the brunch show's at the redwood)

I really hope to see you there, please let me know if you are going to come to any of these by commenting here. It would be nice to you all. Have a happy day and cheers!

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-29 13:19 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-29 14:16 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-09-30 08:05 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-08 19:22 ]

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-15 13:34 ]

Dont forget This Sunday Oct 5th you can see one of our tiki central members in The Henpeckers for free! Please come out and support him, Im sure it would make his day. So who is in?

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-03 09:46 ]

MN

Let us now when the Hardtails come down. They are outa Calgary, eh.

On 2008-10-01 18:37, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:
Let us now when the Hardtails come down. They are outa Calgary, eh.

If they would like to play they have to contact Hillbilly DJ Jeff W through his myspace brunch page. Which is at the bottom of the post by the club's address. It's always nice to have different bands play with us. Have a great day

S

For those going on the 5th,
if someone could give a big howdy to Ruby Dee for me, that would be super swell! She's a great gal, and Jorge the guitarist is great. If any of you remember Dragstrip 77 out of Vegas, he's the guy.
Also, on that 26th date, well, yer lucky, because you get to see the Lucky Stars, one of my favorites, and also a super fun band that just played up here in Seattle, The Royal Dueces.

Dang, I think I need to move to California.
Wish I could go to some of these!!!

On 2008-10-02 08:15, sweetpea wrote:
For those going on the 5th,
if someone could give a big howdy to Ruby Dee for me, that would be super swell! She's a great gal, and Jorge the guitarist is great. If any of you remember Dragstrip 77 out of Vegas, he's the guy.
Also, on that 26th date, well, yer lucky, because you get to see the Lucky Stars, one of my favorites, and also a super fun band that just played up here in Seattle, The Royal Dueces.

Dang, I think I need to move to California.
Wish I could go to some of these!!!

We would love to have you here. I too wish you could come to this show. I will tell my hubby to tell ruby dee hi for you.

The brunch show for this Sunday October 12th has been canceled, thanks so much.

Canceled till further noticed, sorry.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Oct 13, 2008 9:43 AM

Hillbilly Fest still going on?

please let us know what the situation is for sun Oct 26th Hillbilly Jeff B-day party show.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sorry Big Tiki Dude but at the moment I really dont know, but you will be the first to know. It's a day by day thing at the moment. But I am crossing my fingers and toes.

ok
Jeff(btd)

New location for brunch shows

The Redwood Bar & Grill
316 W 2nd St
Los Angeles, Ca 90012

See ya there brunch shows start again on Oct 26th

Pages: 1 12 replies