Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The return of the Official Forbidden Island Tiki Mug- Release Party October 5th! REAL PICTURE!

Pages: 1 17 replies

M

It's back...almost.

You've been asking - you've been waiting - you've been betting - what color will it be?!

TAKE A LOOK!

Yes! There it is on my computer desk in all its glory!

We're going to keep the anticipation going a little bit longer, but here's the scoop:

In addition to our Classic Car Show on Sunday (see other post), we have a limited pre-release supply of these new mugs that have been shipped by express air from China. Yes, you could call these "Air Supply". And it would be like making love out of nothing at all.

There are only 20 of these mugs, so we are selling them as a tagged, limited-edition, signed & numbered set! Be the first on your block to own the next in our series of great mugs. Just $20 while this very limited supply lasts.

Bragging rights plus a classic car show? Sounds like a good Sunday at FI. Release at 3pm.

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: martiki 2008-10-06 12:08 ]

MAN!! That thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

C
CP posted on Sun, Oct 5, 2008 3:30 PM

Just got home from the release. All I can say is WOW.

Nuff Said

Still waiting for a REAL damn picture... anyone? I guess I could always make the long trek over to FI. I suspect I might even see it Saturday!

M

Well, the cat is out of the bag. It's not a new color- it's a whole new mug!

We went back to Tiki Diablo and asked him to revisit his original design and come up with a whole new sculpt. My only request was that it be full body this time.

So I'm very pleased to present this entirely new mug- an artist's "re-imagining" of their own work. It maintains the look and feel of our signature tiki, but with more of the trademark Tiki Diablo style written all over it. (Plus, yes, now it looks like palm bark on his head and not bricks.)

I give you the "Official Forbidden Island Tiki Mug 2.0"!

Wow, awesome re-imagining! Can't wait to get a new one, though I'm glad I'm a boozer and have many of that first design.

M

It's now only in the hands of 20 lucky souls who are the first on their block to have it. It will be available at FI in about a month.

BUT...stay tuned for a very special announcement shortly that will melt...your...brain.........

On 2008-10-06 12:10, martiki wrote:
It's now only in the hands of 20 lucky souls who are the first on their block to have it. It will be available at FI in about a month.

BUT...stay tuned for a very special announcement shortly that will melt...your...brain.........

But what if my brain is already melty?

LT

Will it be possible to purchase these on-line or over the phone? The drive's a bit far for me!

M

On 2008-10-06 13:12, LOL Tiki wrote:
Will it be possible to purchase these on-line or over the phone? The drive's a bit far for me!

Sorry, the FI mug is only available at FI. We think of it as a souvenir of your visit.

yes all the reason to get your behind to FI.
I live in So. Cal. and I have the older Green and Brown mugs.
so stop moaning and get moving to a great tiki bar.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just so's ya know. F.I still has a few of these little gems on hand. Not many though so hurry!

T

MUGS GONE!!!

Finally got to visit the FI
last night with Wife & Daughter
for the 1st time. Alas all the
mugs were gone. Did get a green
FI swizzle stick.

Was VERY impressed with vibe, decor
& those terrific Tiki drnks @ FI, The
friendly staff at FI make drinks that
are big on quality, LARGE on size at a
fair price for what you get.

Thortiki

Is your daughter over 21? I thought no kiddies at Forbidden Island. Though why we couldn't all sit out on the patio in the afternoon munching chicken strips is beyond me.

M

Quick update:

We still have a handful of the rare "Diablo Edition" mugs hand painted by Tiki Diablo.

The regular mugs should be here in a week or so.

(21 and over includes the parking lot. All comments and concerns about that may be directed to the State of California Alcohol Beverage Control- it's out of my hands.)

Mahalo!

T

On 2008-11-09 20:11, martiki wrote:
Quick update:

We still have a handful of the rare "Diablo Edition" mugs hand painted by Tiki Diablo.

The regular mugs should be here in a week or so.

Mahalo!

Would you mind posting here or sending an email through your mailing list when the mugs come in? I've been waiting to get my hands on one since the parking lot sale this summer. Thanks.

M

I certainly will!

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 9:52 AM

Martin, love the new mug, it really is very cool looking in it's rebirth!

Pages: 1 17 replies