Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sweet Hollywaiians Royal Hawaiian show CANCELLED!

Pages: 1 31 replies

I just got off the phone w/the owner of the Royal Hawaiian and he's losing his GM over the weekend as a result of shoulder surgery so he's advised me that without his GM, he can't host the Sweet Hollywaiians without it creating for more work then he & his staff can handle. Bummer...

Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-10-01 13:21 ]

WooHoo! Sounds like fun. SoccerTiki and I will be there :)

Just saw them at F.I. Make sure to do whatever it takes to catch this show, especially if you're a dancer...

here are their other so. cal. shows.

Oct 2 2008 7:30P
Steve Allen Theater With Janet Klein
Los Angeles, California

Oct 3 2008 8:00P
Hip Kitty Jazz & Fondue
Claremont, California

Oct 5 2008 ?????

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2008-10-01 19:35 ]

Their show at FI last night was one of those shows that you feel really lucky to be at. Don't miss them!

Guess who will not be home on Sunday at 3PM

T

Are they still playing Claremont on Friday . Thats in my neck of the woods .

On 2008-09-29 16:30, MakeDaMug wrote:
I just got off the phone w/the owner of the Royal Hawaiian and he's losing his GM over the weekend as a result of shoulder surgery so he's advised me that without his GM, he can't host the Sweet Hollywaiians without it creating for more work then he & his staff can handle. Bummer...

Holden

[ Edited by: makedamug 2008-10-01 13:21 ]

How about hosting them at Tiki Farm? Maybe have people make donations of $5 or more for the band- expensive flight from Japan and all. Just an idea...

On 2008-10-01 15:48, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Are they still playing Claremont on Friday . Thats in my neck of the woods .

Looks like a fun place??

http://www.hipkittyjazz.com/

have them play at Kona.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-10-01 19:35, bigtikidude wrote:
have them play at Kona.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD - You're the Concert/Gig Man....Put something together :)
I know you have tons of connections. Buster's Beach House would be a fun place to have them play??

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2008-10-01 19:47 ]

I got no tiki gig connections though,
those kinda bands want real money.

surf bands are lucky to get 100 bucks.

Holden seems to be the connection guy for the band.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

besides its really short notice.
thats really hard to do this close to the day.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

I just talked to the Hip Kitty Jazz Club and they said that they are playing that night . I made reservations for 4 . If youre going , you better call too .

Any word on adding a Sunday show?

I sure would love to see them!

On 2008-10-02 09:33, atomikitty wrote:
Any word on adding a Sunday show?

I sure would love to see them!

Let me talk to jeff, sunday brunch might be too full already with all the bands, but you never know.

It's a no go, the brunch schedule is full. But I hope they find a place to play.

On 2008-10-01 07:58, bigtikidude wrote:
here are their other so. cal. shows.

Oct 2 2008 7:30P
Steve Allen Theater With Janet Klein
Los Angeles, California

Oct 3 2008 8:00P
Hip Kitty Jazz & Fondue
Claremont, California

You can get half price tickets at the door for tonight's show at the Steve Allen Theater with the code word: Osaka. I was told by their ticket service that there's still plenty of tickets available so it shouldn't be a risk to wait until you get to the theater to purchase tickets at the reduced rate.

TM

On 2008-10-02 10:39, tiki-a-fair wrote:
It's a no go, the brunch schedule is full. But I hope they find a place to play.

This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!

On 2008-10-02 13:06, lucas vigor wrote:

This band is not rockabilly anyway. What they are is a red hot hapa-haole band. Excellent excellent excellent musicians!!

Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November. Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too.

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:27 ]

On 2008-10-02 13:26, tiki-a-fair wrote:

Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November(which you already know about because you in that band). Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too. So I hope all you Tiki central members will come to see The Hula Girls and Exotiki, the bands are always happy to see a face they know.

[ Edited by: tiki-a-fair 2008-10-02 13:31 ]

TM

On 2008-10-02 13:28, tiki-a-fair wrote:

Well actually we book other bands besides rockabilly, we have Exotiki on the 26th. We are also having the hula girls in November(which you already know about because you in that band). Some day we will get Squid & the gang to book with us too. So I hope all you Tiki central members will come to see The Hula Girls and Exotiki, the bands are always happy to see a face they know.

All of us in the Hula Girls are really excited to be playing there, In fact, we were just talking about it the other day.

On 2008-10-02 14:13, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2008-10-02 13:28, tiki-a-fair wrote:

All of us in the Hula Girls are really excited to be playing there, In fact, we were just talking about it the other day.

I will start to push your show as soon as I get the full line up from Jeff. I cant wait to hear you guys. I am so glad you are playing for us. What a treat and a treat for all the Tiki central members too.

WooHoo! TGIF finally. Can't wait to see The Sweet Hollywaiians tonight :)
http://www.hipkittyjazz.com/

Have a great time - AND BUY ALL THEIR CDS (so they have less to heft back to Osaka)!

Talked to Dave at Purple Orchid,
maybe he can get them in there on Sun. keep your eyes peeled here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

OMG !!!!! We got there at the beginning and stayed for all 3 sets . These guys are so talented and versitile . We even saw dueling Ukes at lightning speed. We were all completely and thoroughly impressed with the fab four from Osaka .You have to see these guys and demand they play a tiki event . WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: TIKI-RAY 2008-10-04 00:08 ]

WoooHooo! The Sweet Hollywaiians were Tiki-rrific. What a fun night! The Sweet Hollywaiians show = Fantastic Music, Fondue, & Fun Friends :)

No dice on the Sun Purple Orchid show,

Guess I should have went last night.

bummer 2 times they've been here, and missed them both.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T

Sorry you missed a great show Jeff . But I gotta say , we would have missed it if you hadnt posted they were playing at the "Hip Kitty " . Thanks for your dedication .

Ray glad you saw it,

hopefully they will come back.

just goes to show you that its not all about mugs and art,
that Music is a great part of the tiki scene too.
weather its Happa Haole, Exotica, Slack key, or even surf(shock and horror)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

On 2008-10-04 17:58, bigtikidude wrote:
Ray glad you saw it,

hopefully they will come back.

just goes to show you that its not all about mugs and art,
that Music is a great part of the tiki scene too.
weather its Happa Haole, Exotica, Slack key, or even surf(shock and horror)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Your so right, it is much more then mugs and art, well put Big Tiki Dude Now lets all get out there and support some bands.

Pages: 1 31 replies