Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hawaiian Bill's/Reef Tiki Bar Open???

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hello,

I'm Tiki fan from Cincinnati, and I'm traveling to Palm Springs next week. Does anyone know if Hawaiian Bill's/The Reef Tiki Bar at the Caliente Tropics Hotel is still in operation? If so, is it still a good Tiki location??

Thanks for your help!

Closed a few months ago.

But the mexican rest. opens it on the weekends.

Call Caliente Tropics.

Since I just moved to Palm Springs and joined Tiki Central (after lurking for a few years...), I'll add an update.

The restaurant and pool bar are available for lease, according to a sign posted in front of the hotel a few weeks back. The sign says to contact Roger Abbott properties, the phone number is listed. La Casita is still serving Mexican in the restaurant, as of this weekend.

Perhaps we have some budding bartenders/cooks/visionaries out there in Tiki Central that want to open the bar back up and turn the restaurant into a full fledged tiki lounge?

I will Mix drinks and partner with anyone who is interested in bringing this idea to reality. The Caliente Tropics is so rich with history, and is in an area that is still booming even though the overall market is weak.

Glad to have a fellow Palm Springer out in the Tiki Central World

Dig the NEW Orange pool furniture!!!!!!!!!!

Let that Freaky Tiki Flag Fly,

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville-man)

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2008-10-08 08:03 ]

CJ

I'm going to Indio this weekend and had planned to drop by until I read this post thread. I didn't want to believe it so I called and they said they are open! WOOHOO

CJ

glad I went but it's sort of sad

Pages: 1 5 replies