Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Adventureland Themed Backyard

Pages: 1 2 53 replies

T

On 2010-07-23 13:34, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
hi TikiNaut, Great job on the yard, I love all the detail.

I noticed you said you had issues finding barrels, here is a link to Benson's in Cal, they are reasonable and they ship cheap. hope this helps

Amy

http://www.bambooandthatchetc.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=barrel&osCsid=3cf7f5cba545103bea8d10e8abebca42

Actually, the barrel pictured on Benson's web site looks a lot like the barrel I pieced together using two planter halves. See my previous photos.

T

How popular is your yard with friends/family? How often do you use it?

With our short summers here in Wisconsin, we try to use it every day. In fact, last weekend we had our annual summer luau featuring live music by one of our favorite surf bands, The Cocktail Preachers from Chicago.

Any wild ideas of your own?

Absolutely! I would love to someday build this pirate ship in my backyard.

Of course, my version would be more accurate with authentic rigging and crew quarters. Right now though I think this project would be somewhat cost prohibitive considering the amount of lumber one would need to build this ship.

On the back burner for now...

Wow what a yard. That's a real fantasy land. Wendy

I agree they look similar . But they are great for pirate accents, I use them on my pirate ship as tables and accents they can also be customized. Just a thought if you need some

Amy

Very cool yard. I found your outpost online in the "images", then found it in the Popular mechanics article. Got inspired and built my own. Thanks for posting the great pictures and giving all some very good ideas.

HT

This is the first time I've run across the thread. I love it!

Pages: 1 2 53 replies