Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sven talks about Bosko short film.

Pages: 1 18 replies

T

Hello everyone, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, as anyone who attended my symposium at Hukilau may have noticed there was a small problem with the audio portion where Sven introduces me. I had hoped to have this up on our website but that is beyond our tech capabilities so we put it on my Myspace page if you came to my talk take a look and see why I was sweating so much, if you didn’t but want to hear Sven talking about the early days of the Tiki revival take a peek.

http://www.myspace.com/boskohrnjak

Thanks for looking

Bosko

HI Bosko,

That was awesome. You left me wanting more though. Do you have the rest of that video? BTW, I loved your solo show at M Modern. I wasn't able to make it, but I loved "Desert Moon","Desert Sun","Fire Dancers" and "The Last Man". I dig your tiki stuff, but I really dig your newer non-tiki stuff. Please let us know when your next show is.

Hey, I am surprised, I sound pretty coherent! :) Bosko, I think you should edit in some still images of the things mentioned, beginning with early photos of Jeff Berry and Mark Ryden, early carvings and mugs of yours, and so on, that would make it more interesting. I think I'm too boring to watch for over 6 and a half minutes.

Hey Sven I must have seen that piece 50 times (what with editing) and I don't know if it's your voice or what but I never tire listening to it. The rest of my talk had all the visuals and detailed history, I wish you could have seen it.

Thanks Monitors, I'll keep everyone here posted with any new projects.

Bosko

T
TikiG posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 1:03 PM

Hi Bosko-
I was there to see your presentation at TO8 and loved every minute of it. I immediately stoped by your booth and bought a CD and a wooden tiki carving from you. Very inspirational and I Thank You for taking time to talk to me briefly. I'll check out your film later tonight when I get home from work. Cheers!

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Oct 1, 2008 2:59 PM

Some reason I only get about 8 sec. of film. It starts out correct with the little time indicator moving at the good pace and the jumps to finish. I do like the pipe. Very tiki chic.

T

Hi Bosko, thanks :D for sharing the clips. It was nice to finally get to hear what Sven was saying, since we really couldn't hear it at the seminar during the Hukilau. You did a great job there and we really enjoyed it. You, on the other hand looked like you were a nervous wreck. :lol: But you of all people I would think would be more relaxed. You're such a nice speaker and a great carver. Keep up the great work and keep on sharing.. Oh, I almost forgot, I loved the ending to the clip with you crabbing that bottle of rum. :lol: Rum, rum, got to get me some! Nice.. And hopefully we'll get to see you again at this years Hukilau.

[I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy]
Although, I probably could you one.
MYSPACE

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-01 17:41 ]

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-01 17:41 ]

On 2008-10-01 14:59, teaKEY wrote:
I do like the pipe. Very tiki chic.

Read more about it here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27345&forum=16&vpost=364079
:D

Bosko & Sven,

Those videos are great, thanks for posting them on TC. You both did a great job of "talking to the camera". Having come on to the Tiki scene in the more recent past, I was enthralled and seriously envious to hear about the glory days of Tiki revival and exploration. Keep up the good work gentlemen.

Scott

T

Sven wrote :quote:Read more about it here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=27345&forum=16&vpost=364079:quote:

Nice piece of work there Sven, loved that article. And the Coco Joe's pipe tray, I also have that one. But one of my other collections that really has nothing to do with Tiki, made me think of you. :lol: That would be the first one on the left. Collecting just makes you start a new one every time you see something with some type of age. Some day I'll start a post and put up some pictures of all of my Anri carvings. But that's an entire non tiki post.

You notice they all have a news paper to read.. Yup, I man, a smoke, and good reading materials.

I guess the one in the middle here likes both cigars and pipes?

T

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-02 02:19 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-02 02:19 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-02 02:18 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-02 02:17 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikipaka 2008-10-02 02:16 ]

Now THAT was pretty cool! I've never met either one of you, but now I kinda feel like I have. Thanks!

T

Very well put Bosko!!
My wife and I came out to see the ranch in 2001 to buy some tiki.
You art has a look that says Bosko, I can look at a mug or tiki and say,
That's a Bosko!
That's when your art becomes more than a hobby.
And your art has been more than a hobby for a long time now.
Good job!!
Keep up the good work.

MR

That film really made me reflect on how long this tiki thing has been ruling my life. It got me thinking about when the internet was new and BOSKO was the first tiki page I ever found. Seems like forever ago- searching for copies of Tiki News, finding relics for a dollar at damn near every thrift store in town. I think many people take for granted just how small this subculture really was. Great little film. I really enjoyed it.

Bosko, the man the myth and now THE LEGEND. I am proud to call you my friend ! AYEEEEEEEE

Pages: 1 18 replies