Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Mauna Loa Tribute mug hang tag and contest entry info!

Pages: 1 30 replies

T

Aloha fellow TC members! As some of you might already know my Mauna Loa tribute mug is out and available to buy at Tiki Farm for $12.95!

To purchase one please go here: http://www.tikifarm.com/tiki_mugs_p1.htm
As an illustrator and fellow Tiki collector I was thrilled when the kind folks at Tiki Farm picked my idea last year and decided to make it into a mug! I wanted to do something special for Tiki Central members and Jonesey gave me the idea to offer a hang tag to go along with the mug. Thanks to him I decided to offer a signed hang tag made by me and printed on heavy stock paper complete with rope for attaching to your new mug as seen pictured below...........

But why not make it more fun? Along with each tag I send out you will receive a number which gives you a chance to win one of three original watercolor from me pictured below.........

"Rarotonga"
(Which comes matted and ready for framing using acid free archival products and measures 12 X 14 1/2 inches)

"Gope Board"
(Which comes matted and ready for framing using acid free archival products and measures 11 X 21 inches)

"Sepik River Comb"
(Which comes matted and ready for framing using acid free archival products and measures 14 X 19 inches)

To get your hang tag and an entry number please send $5 dollars via check to:
Tim Steger
129 Main St.
Manasquan, N.J. 08736
or $5 dollars to my paypal account:
[email protected]

Note: Each entry and tag is $5 dollars to cover shipping costs, materials etc. and a chance to win an original watercolor! I will pick the three winning numbers on November 15th and post them on this thread.
Ma halo and have fun!

[ Edited by: Tikinomad 2008-10-06 05:55 ]

LT

Great idea - I'm in!

:D

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Oct 2, 2008 7:02 PM

Is there a certain number given out or is it unlimited. The mug somehow looks better with the tag. Strange

T

Alright, so far we have.......
#1 Traveling Jones
#2 LOL Tiki
Ma halo guys!

Teakey, the number is unlimited but if only a few people enter then your chances are pretty good for an original by me! I understand that I'm taking a risk and that maybe only 10 people enter the contest but it's all in good fun so enjoy! It's my way to give back to the Tiki Central community. I've been collecting and creating all things Tiki for years and although I've never met most of you on TC, I feel like we are all Ohana united by our love for Polynesian Pop...........and Teakey, I think the hang tag compliments the mug nicely too!
Cheers!

GT

I'm In, I also love to collect as well as make ceramic art, Jumping in a modest $5 bucks! Helping an other tiki artist out! Chump change! Step up! All

Tim, nice work. I wish I had my gallery going to hang up your stuff, but at the present time I am glad I have not realized that venture yet. Not the best time for new businesses.

T

I've had a great response so far and want to thank everyone who has responded and entered......Big Ma halo TC Ohana!
Thank you for the support Go Tiki, I love all the mugs you are making, great stuff!
Thank you for the kind words too Big Bro, they mean a lot to me coming from the Guru of all things Tiki!
(If you ever do open your gallery please keep me in mind, I would be honored!) :)

To add to the contest list we have:

#3 Blacksandz
#4 Loki-Tiki
#5 SoccerTiki
#6 GoTiki
#7 Trader Tom
#8 Tiki Al

Good luck everyone! Your tags will go out this week!

(Note: Please remember to add your Tiki Central or Ooga-Mooga name along with your payment so I can post your name and number on the contest list!)

[ Edited by: tikinomad 2008-10-06 05:51 ]

LT

It arrived with Thursday's mail - Thanks!

Great LOL Tiki...ma halo and good luck!

To update the list we also have...

#9 Kustomtiki
#10 and #11 Gary at the Hermosa General Store!

Ma halo Guys, I'll mail out your tags this week...........

Remember, there is still plenty of time to enter the contest so good luck!

Congrats on that mug, Tim, just saw and held it at 8 Ball yesterday for the first time. Very nice and sharp detail, and feels good in your hand.

Very cool, I like the way it feels in my hand too! Lisa did a great job on the sculpt of the mug, she really held true to the original drawings, she is a very talented artist, ma halo nui Big Bro Tiki!
To update the list we have Taboo Dan from Canada with #12........who will be lucky #13?

Howzit all!

Anyone on the fence about snagging Tikinomad's mug from da Farm, bettah get it on! Ifnya already got'z this mad mug...ya gotta "tag" it! :D Contact Tim now... it's a personal touch to compliment his mad design skillz.

Also closing in, is the contest deadline for three of his original watercolors!!! :o I've seen a small sample of his artisic talents and these larger pieces are a real treasure! Ya gotta "snag-a-tag" to be a player in this game... Go Tikinomad, buy now and buy often!!! :D

T

Ma halo Dr. Jones!
You all still have one week to get involved in the contest so don't forget....
The drawing will be on the 15th!
Good Luck!

LT

I was at hodadhank's place this afternoon; he had some of your mugs in stock, I couldn't resist. I need another tag now. :D Payment sent.

T

Awesome, so to update the list we have...

#13 LOL Tiki

Remember there is still time to get in on the action!
Ma halo to everyone who entered so far and good luck!

To add to the list we also have...
#14 The Fuzz

Thanks guys, the drawing will be around midday on Saturday...
My son will pick the 3 winning numbers out of a Tiki bowl and I'll post them right after on TC!
Ma halo and good luck...

K
Kahu posted on Mon, Nov 10, 2008 4:00 PM

On 2008-10-02 15:11, Tikinomad wrote:

"Rarotonga"

Anyway I could just buy one of these?

I love this print!

Thank you Kahu!
Just the originals are available. I don't have prints but I try to keep my prices down on my originals.
I usually sell my watercolors for between $50 and $100 dollars depending on size.
I would be honored to do up another similar "Rarotonga" watercolor and sell it to you for $50 dollars if you like, let me know.
My turn around time is usually 2 weeks or so.....big ma halo!

K
Kahu posted on Tue, Nov 11, 2008 7:26 PM

Nomad, that would be awesome, I really appreciate the offer. I will be in touch as soon as I can take up with you about your offer.

Mahalo!

still time Tim? I will send $$$ tomorrow?

No worries Hip! Everyone has till Saturday 12 noon, (East Coast Time) for all you out in cali! Some last minute entry's may not receive their tags in the mail until after Saturday but I will put your name and number on the contest post here!
Big Ma haloz!

To add to the list we have...
#15 Tikicat31
#16 Tikicat31
#17 Tikicat31
#18 Hiphipahula

Ma halo and good luck guys!

and...

#19 Skatjoplin

#20 Kono

Ma halo Kevin!

Tomorrow is the day...good luck all!

Two last minute entry's from Boston.....
#21 Jay
and
#22 Erin

Ma halo and good luck, 1 1/2 hours left!

And the winners are....
#4 Loki Tiki

#17 Tikicat31

#22 Erin

Congrats to the winners and ma halo to everyone who entered!

(Please note: The winning pieces will ship out this week...enjoy!)

....and even thought the contest is over I will still continue to offer hang tags to all those who wish to add them to their "Loa" Tiki mug for $1.50

T

I was wondering if the last person to sign up would be the winner. The odds of winning were greater than lotto there ever was. Pretty sweet deal. Talk about giving away great art.

LT

Looks like someone had fun drawing the winning numbers! Congratualtions All on getting those great pieces! (I think someone should work on a few more mug designs.)

It's all in good fun! Elijah had a blast drawing the winning numbers, he's my Tiki hunting partner in crime!
I will start to offer original watercolors for sale here on TC from time to time and I've got some more ideas for future mug designs too! :wink:
Ma halo guys!

:D CONGRATS to the all the winners!!! Generous contest and wonderful artwork Tim! Everybody walked away a winner on this one! :D

Pages: 1 30 replies