Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Help me pick a frame.

Pages: 1 4 replies

I have a velvet I commissioned from a professional portraiture artist that I plan to list on eBay. I want to see if there is interest in quality Leeteg style paintings. I’d love to get T.C. input about what kind of framing would look nice with it. I know that bamboo has been the typical choice in the past but it’s expensive for larger (16’ x 20’) paintings.

Here’s a link to a site with a selection of frames I'm considering:
http://www.economyframes.com/woodSeries.html

T

Here is an idea from one Kahiki velvet.
Good luck!!

Use Monkeyman frames, there like having an extra piece of art around your art, plus your supporting a Tiki Centralite artist..

L

Hey there! Can I just say your picture looks really pretty? I just love the style it’s been drawn in, the facial expression of the girl, just everything. It’s well done. Also, I looked at both the website that you suggested for frame choices and atomictonytiki’s post, and I have to say, I personally think he’s right: You should use one of those Monkeyman Frames, it would go really well with the picture colorwise in my opinion. Anyway, best of luck! :wink:

T

Hey Beachcomber, Very cool picture!
It really depends on what you're looking for. Atomictonytiki has it right and
MonkeyMan Frames are frickin very cool! However, if you are looking at trying to keep it period or have that look and feel of a total vintage piece, I would go with something a little more simple like that cool vintage one Tikiskip posted.

That being said, it's a little harder to find something like that now. You can still get plenty of frames now that are a little more simpler or more straight and narrow lines. That is what you would have seen back in the day. Remember, something like that velvet, you want to focus in on the subject and that alone. I wouldn't do any matting or anything like that.

Simple, dark colored frame or maybe a narrow bamboo frame and that is it. You could even do some hunting at your local thrift shops. There's always plenty to choose from and if you find something you like that is too large and don't have access or know how to cut it down, a lot of framing shops will charge you a little bit to make it fit for you.

Just my opinion though. I am not an expert at all but I have done a chunk of framing and think you could really get away with anything.
Just send me the picture and then you wont have to worry about it!!

Actually, I just reread your post and your selling it anyway??? Don't even bother framing it! Let the buyer do that. It will still sell no problems!!

Mahalo, TabooDan

Pages: 1 4 replies